Trusted Contributor

Re: Countdown to Christmas In July!

@PA Mom-mom  I agree -- I loved when he had those nostalgic items.  I did buy a few pieces when he had those shows on.  David's Great Big Christmas was very good last year too, but it also comes with David's "great big pricetags" as well.  LOL  Most items were too steep for me to rationalize a purchase.  Oh well.

Frequent Contributor

I’m counting down too! My husband teases me all the time how I was meant to live in one of those year round Christmas villages that you see in movies! He calls me the Christmas Queen! 🎄
I live in the Deep South and we have had so many hot and humid days lately it’s making my urge for cooler weather and Christmas decor that much stronger!
At least during Christmas in July I can pretend Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

I love CIJ but I really shouldn't buy anything. I went crazy at last year's after Christmas sales and bought about ten of the large standing Santas in different outfits.

But I, too, would like to see the Scott brothers bring a laying deer. I got the standing one in gold last year and he is quite nice. He looks great with my Santas.

Valued Contributor

@Smc09 wrote:
I’m counting down too! My husband teases me all the time how I was meant to live in one of those year round Christmas villages that you see in movies! He calls me the Christmas Queen! 🎄
I live in the Deep South and we have had so many hot and humid days lately it’s making my urge for cooler weather and Christmas decor that much stronger!
At least during Christmas in July I can pretend Smiley Happy

@Smc09 - I live in the Deep South, also, and can't wait for the CIJ shows.  We are having hot and humid weather now - but the CIJ shows bring us relief from the hot weather.....and lets us look forward to the cooler temps.

Respected Contributor

I love to turn the a/c way down and watch. I always try and bake something too. Makes it so much fun.

Trusted Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

I love to turn the a/c way down and watch. I always try and bake something too. Makes it so much fun.

@Regal Bee I do the same thing, too.  I usually bake some cookies and something that can last several meals like a lasagna, pot roast, or even a turkey one year.  Lots of red wine on hand, too!

Respected Contributor

@TenderMercies  A couple of years ago, I made cornish game hens and my cornbread dressing....we had a feast. I had the kitchen television on and just ordered away. My husband doesn't seem to mind.....when I am feeding him well.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@doolie wrote:

Christmas in July is the most wonderful time of the year on QVC and I soooo look forward to it each year.   Valerie, Jim Shore and Flameless Candles are my top 3.  Enjoy everyone who loves these shows. Woman Wink

@doolie - So many of us feel the same way you do!  CIJ puts a spring in our steps - and we enjoy counting down the months, weeks, days, hours and seconds until CIJ comes on the Q.

Trusted Contributor

I can't wait as well.  Its already way too hot down here in South Florida so CIJ will be welcome.  For all of you JS fans...Jim has begun introducing his 2018 Christmas pieces on his website. I'm hoping he brings some of his new White Woodland Collection to the Q, maybe at a little better pricing and he always seems to have at least one new piece exclusive to the Q.  I know I'll be watching his show on July 1st for sure.

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

I can't wait as well.  Its already way too hot down here in South Florida so CIJ will be welcome.  For all of you JS fans...Jim has begun introducing his 2018 Christmas pieces on his website. I'm hoping he brings some of his new White Woodland Collection to the Q, maybe at a little better pricing and he always seems to have at least one new piece exclusive to the Q.  I know I'll be watching his show on July 1st for sure.

@MTH

I have yet to buy a Jim Shore piece, and that White Woodland Collection is really captivating to me. 

My big hold out in his things has been that when I find a piece I love, with just the right shades and colors, he inevitably throws one pop of something in that in my opinion, just doesn't go with all the rest of the colors, and it ruins it for me. 

That Woodland collection seems to be much more muted and that doesn't happen. I'd love for the right piece to come along as I have wanted to buy from his line for years.