Trusted Contributor

Re: Countdown to Christmas In July!

I wonder if Martha Stewart will be bringing holiday decor.  She usually has a line at Home Depot, so maybe not.

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies  I think I spent less last year, but I still spent plenty, lol, so hopefully this year I can use some sense, so out of room.

Though I didn't buy the Scott Brothers' deer, I have a pair of very large, heavy bronze, one standing and looking alert, the other grazing,  a resting deer to go with the standing would look great. Smiley Happy

I should pull all Christmas decor out of storage and sit in the middle of it during the shows.  If that doesn't cure me of buying, I am utterly hopeless, lol.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@TenderMercies  I think I spent less last year, but I still spent plenty, lol, so hopefully this year I can use some sense, so out of room.

Though I didn't buy the Scott Brothers' deer, I have a pair of very large, heavy bronze, one standing and looking alert, the other grazing,  a resting deer to go with the standing would look great. Smiley Happy

I should pull all Christmas decor out of storage and sit in the middle of it during the shows.  If that doesn't cure me of buying, I am utterly hopeless, lol.

@mousiegirl I have a different quandry this year which is that I might be moving to a larger home at some point in the Fall.  I really don't have room for any more Christmas decor in my current one, but if I move into something considerably larger, I may not have enough.  I should probably cool it this year and just go all out next year if I need to.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TenderMercies wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl I have a different quandry this year which is that I might be moving to a larger home at some point in the Fall.  I really don't have room for any more Christmas decor in my current one, but if I move into something considerably larger, I may not have enough.  I should probably cool it this year and just go all out next year if I need to.

@TenderMercies    Unless you see something you can't live without, lol.  I may be moving at some point, and have the opposite problem, unless I move to the boonies, lol.  A larger home sounds wonderful.

Honored Contributor

I look forward to it every year.  I need to know what day it will land on, just in case I need to take a vacation day from work.  I am not a summer person, the Christmas in July makes me feel cool, happy and excited for the Christmas Season.  

Honored Contributor

I need NO MORE decorations as I have no place to store them or, being honest, place them. But I LOVE Christmas in July as I HATE the heat and summer in general; it's a reminder that cooler weather will be here in a few months and it's just....nice to watch. I don't know...people seem happier...more smiles, lol.

Last year, during Davids Big Christmas, he featured a HUGE Nutcracker that had a few lights on it. We purchased it for my MIL who collects them and let me tell ya, it was the BEST gift ever for her!!! It IS big, it's classic, it's well made, the lights are just enough and everyone who saw it just oohed and ahhhed over it. I'm hoping they offer them again this year or maybe a snowman (I collect them and would make an exception for adding it to my decor, lololol).

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I need NO MORE decorations as I have no place to store them or, being honest, place them. But I LOVE Christmas in July as I HATE the heat and summer in general; it's a reminder that cooler weather will be here in a few months and it's just....nice to watch. I don't know...people seem happier...more smiles, lol.

Last year, during Davids Big Christmas, he featured a HUGE Nutcracker that had a few lights on it. We purchased it for my MIL who collects them and let me tell ya, it was the BEST gift ever for her!!! It IS big, it's classic, it's well made, the lights are just enough and everyone who saw it just oohed and ahhhed over it. I'm hoping they offer them again this year or maybe a snowman (I collect them and would make an exception for adding it to my decor, lololol).

@SahmIam

I received that large nutcracker/soldier in the gold and white version. 

It is indeed large! And very nice. 

I had asked for it, with the intention of putting it outside on my covered front porch but realized after getting it, that it was much to light to withstand the kinds of winds we get way out here in the country. 

It worked out because I decorate the living room in those colors and have a couple of other similar colored soldiers. It just kind of tied everything all together. 

Esteemed Contributor

My dear forum friends, I hope you all enjoy Christmas in July.I’m trying desperately to hold on to Summer for as long as I can.It’s too short here in the northeast.I won’t be thinking about Christmas until Thanksgiving.Therefore, I’ll pass on the Christmas in July shows.

Honored Contributor

It's been incredibly HOT in the Mid-South and Southwest..........

Personally, I can't even think about Christmas right now.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Christmas in July is the most wonderful time of the year on QVC and I soooo look forward to it each year.   Valerie, Jim Shore and Flameless Candles are my top 3.  Enjoy everyone who loves these shows. Woman Wink