Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas/Holiday Bedding?

@froggy  I have a large linen closet to store bedding or I wouldn't even consider it. Wow, we all need larger homes, huh?

Having several bedding sets is fun. Life is all about variety, isn't it?

Honored Contributor

I think the Christmas bedding is beautiful, but to me it's more trouble than it's worth. Just having to deal with all those pillows every day would drive me crazy, plus than after the holiday you have to store it. Maybe if I were 20 years younger I wouldn't feel like it would be so much work.

Respected Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

@froggy  I have a large linen closet to store bedding or I wouldn't even consider it. Wow, we all need larger homes, huh?

There's only one brand of bedding I like, Rose Tree, because the king comforter is oversized. I usually buy one about every 2 or 3 years when Dillards has their white sale and I can get a good price.

I'd love to have a Christmas set but I suspect the sizing would be skimpy. For the queen beds in our guest rooms I always buy the less expensive king sets to get a generous fit.

Respected Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

There's only one brand of bedding I like, Rose Tree, because the king comforter is oversized. I usually buy one about every 2 or 3 years when Dillards has their white sale and I can get a good price.

I'd love to have a Christmas set but I suspect the sizing would be skimpy. For the queen beds in our guest rooms I always buy the less expensive king sets to get a generous fit.

@froggy  Thanks for the suggestion. I would love a queen bed in this space but the room will not support it. I do like a generous sizing with my bedding. 

I think I will also look for bedding for our king sized master. My husband is very supportive so this gives me even more to think about for holidays. I am a happy camper. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I think the Christmas bedding is beautiful, but to me it's more trouble than it's worth. Just having to deal with all those pillows every day would drive me crazy, plus than after the holiday you have to store it. Maybe if I were 20 years younger I wouldn't feel like it would be so much work.

@blackhole99 I totally get what you are saying. I love pillows.....love.....so they are worth the trouble for me. I may not think so in another five or ten years. Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee I do not do special bedding at Christmas but I will say that set is very pretty....what a welcome to any guest!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Regal Bee, I don't have holiday bedding, but the set in your pic is so very pretty.  I say go for it! LOL

@Marsha2003, Your pillow with the little plaid pom poms is absolutely adorable!  If I saw that in a store I would not leave without it.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

@Marsha2003  This is fabulous! You have such good taste!

========

I agree. That old red truck carrying the tree is a favorite of mine. I love all the pieces @Marsha2003 found.

Honored Contributor

Valerie Parr Hill has a pretty holly bedding set.
Respected Contributor

I change the comforter in one guest bedroom that has a king size bed in it. Several years back I bought three pieces of furniture from Pottery Barn for that room including the bed. I racked up some major free money using the PB credit card so I had to spend it. Ha! I used the money to buy a very nice comforter that has a "wintery" feel with holly and some cardinals, but it does not scream Christmas at all. It's really beautiful. I feel guilty if I don't use it so I usually drag it out. The great thing is that it can definitely stay on the bed all winter long till spring rolls around. I'm a sucker for PB's cute Christmas pillows and I have several of those that get tossed on other beds. FWIW here's a pic (albeit tiny) of the bed I bought...I love it! You can't imagine all the stuff I have crammed in those baskets. The picture is from the Pottery Barn website and, obviously, it's not the winter comorter I have. If you don't mind clicking on a link, you can see the bed better here:

https://www.potterybarn.com/products/stratton-bed-with-baskets/?pkey=cstorage-beds&isx=0.0.1747.1999...

Anyway, best piece of advice is buy bedding that can stay on the bed for the entire winter season not just for Christmas.