Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas/Holiday Bedding?

[ Edited ]

There really is beautiful holiday bedding, but it's a no for me.

Two of my three rooms have a color scheme that wouldn't be conducive to anything I've ever seen out there (a lot of rose tones....think Casa Zeta Jones Ashes of Roses) and the third is now a guest room  with a much more neutral color palate and would accommodate it, but for the expense and the having to store another set, doesn't seem worth it to me.

edited to add

I stopped decorating for holiday, the upstairs rooms a number of years ago. It got to be too much work, I really didn't feel it was noticed or appreciated, and it keeps the 'clutter' down in at least part of the house, as the rest of it over decorated is enough to deal with for the season.

Honored Contributor

No holiday bedding for us. Just no. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

No holiday bedding for us. It's pretty, and if you like it and enjoy it, then I say, go for it.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

If you want to get your Christmas pillow fix on, check out Susan's post from the blog "Between Naps on the Porch." Do any of you follow her? She truly is amazing...in so many ways. This post was from two years ago so many of the pillows she references are no longer available...unless you try eBay. I've also always liked her Ralph Lauren tartan  bedding that she uses for the winter season. Anyway, thought some of you might like to see all the pillows, and the fun way she decorates.

https://betweennapsontheporch.net/christmas-pillow-crazy-shopping-at-t-j-maxx-online/

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I think the Christmas bedding is beautiful, but to me it's more trouble than it's worth. Just having to deal with all those pillows every day would drive me crazy, plus than after the holiday you have to store it. Maybe if I were 20 years younger I wouldn't feel like it would be so much work.

That's why I went with the tartan plaid flannel because I could get more use out of them than strictly Christmas.

Flannel goes on the beds up here from late Sept thru April and I got the set on sale. Great price for Portugese cotton.

Respected Contributor

Woweeeeeee! I found my Christmas set and ordered it today.

Pictures coming in December. I am excited as a kid at Christmas. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

@Marsha2003  This is fabulous! You have such good taste!

@Regal Bee Kind of you to say so.  Thank you.  I enjoy the pictures you've shared from your house in the past.

@Marsha2003  Thank you! Is your 'woody' pillow from Pottery Barn? I love that pillow....do you know if it is still offered?

It is from PB and it's on sale for $14.  I would have posted a link, but I think that's a no-no.

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped, the plaid comforter I use from PB reverses to the side that I use for the rest of winter without the Christmas pillows.  Here's a picture of the other print from the PB site.

D9BC259C-8287-4700-91AC-17995B3D4A2E.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

Woweeeeeee! I found my Christmas set and ordered it today.

Pictures coming in December. I am excited as a kid at Christmas. Smiley Very Happy

I look forward to seeing the pictures!!!

Respected Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

@Marsha2003  This is fabulous! You have such good taste!

@Regal Bee Kind of you to say so.  Thank you.  I enjoy the pictures you've shared from your house in the past.

@Marsha2003  Thank you! Is your 'woody' pillow from Pottery Barn? I love that pillow....do you know if it is still offered?

It is from PB and it's on sale for $14.  I would have posted a link, but I think that's a no-no.

@Marsha2003  Thanks so much. I saw this gorgeous pillow on a couple of blogs last Christmas and fell in love with it. I just have to order one!