Regular Contributor

Hi--I keep my candles in the windows year round and I leave the blinds down. The blinds don't interfere with the candles and it looks fine. Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@ohdollypop We have the BL candles in our windows all year. I wanted them at Christmas only, but DH begged to disagree. It looks better if the shade is at a standard space above the candles, but we pull down the shades in the bedrooms at night. It looks ok from the outside and it allows for privacy. You really need to go outside and look at the different ways of using your blinds. Of course, my DH doesn't really care if the blinds are up or down, Typical male!

Contributor

Has anyone else had any problems with these candles, they are the electric ones  i bought three sets of 4 and one will not work so i looked on qvc no more to be had so i called bethelem lights and asked them if i could buy one from them they said they sold everythng to QVC, so i then asked her if they had replacements bulbs she said no now get this she told me if the bulb goes out to throw the candles out  could you beleive that she said when the bulb goes out they aren't anygood any more that goes to show you people working for there company don't know what they are talking about because i later went on QVC and they sell the replacement bulbs so if that were true why would QVC sell replacement bulbs  .

Companys need to think about who they hire/`

Honored Contributor

We have battery operated candles that come on automatically at sunset. Our blinds and our sheers come over them. Some near us keep them open, but I'm concerned about privacy, so I don't. We do keep them up until spring! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have a set of plug in candles that I bought many years ago from the Q. I keep 2 in my living room windows with the shades up a bit. The living room shades are always up for my plants anyway. The other 2 candles are in the other 2 front rooms with shades completely down. The candles are between the windows and shades - never had a problem.