Respected Contributor

Re: Can't Let Go of This Kitchen Christmas Corner

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom wrote:

@PA Mom-mom - Your corner is just perfect! I like that it isn't too much. I would definitely leave it up all winter. And I agree with @Lucky Charm- I would have a great time decorating it through the seasons. One or two bunnies would be cute hopping in when spring is almost here!  Smiley Wink

• New Years horn blowers and Champagne glasses with gold plastic tear sheets and clock
  • Snowflakes, snowmen,evergreens
  • Mardi Gras with purple, green and gold jester hats and feathers
  • Valentine hearts and stuffed bear couples and roses
  • Bunnies, eggs and chick's
  • Spring flowers and watercans
  • Memorial red, white blue ribbons and Flag Day
  • Summery brights, flip flops, sand castles coastal decor
  • Lizzie' s birthday celebration 6/24 cakes and gift boxes LOLOL ok so others birthday in your home 
  • 4th of July  Red White Blue and firework cut outs or weighted table star decor wire thingies
  • Pretty late summer fruit and bees 
  • Autumnal leaves
  • Halloween fun and goofy nick nacks and such
  • Thanksgiving decor etc.
  • Back to your lovely  Christmas corner

I have a mailbox  at the side of the road and I use those magnetic mailbox covers along with coordinated garden flags up closer to my door and change out monthly and have this kind of fun.

Honored Contributor

This lovely corner reads "winter" as holiday to me!  Keep it out.  In the spring, add some laytex flowers if you like (boy!  do they EVER look real!!!).

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom   That is a very lovely corner composition.  Of course leave it up and enjoy it!

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Esteemed Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ  Well, just WOW! Thanks for the suggestions!

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom , I have the poinsettia cow creamer on my kitchen table as we speak! 

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

@PA Mom-mom , I have the poinsettia cow creamer on my kitchen table as we speak! 

@Sweetbay magnolia  Love it!

Respected Contributor

@NEvans2   I also had a hard time deciding to "undo" my Christmas tree and decorations.  Everything looks so good this year.  I have started today and it will take the rest of the week to get it all done and stored.  I would leave some of it up through February if it wasn't so hard to put in my storage.  I guess I will be glad tho when it is all done and away.

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom   Your corner is lovely.  Keep it up.....it's your house!  I leave my winter stuff up all winter.  After all, we leave all our other seasons up for the whole season, why not winter and what's wrong w/a little Christmas, too  Smiley Happy   Enjoy!!

Honored Contributor

If you choose, keep your winter/Christmas corner as long as you please.

We still have our 3-1/2 ft clear light trees on both sides of the fireplace, and debating whether or not to leave them up all year. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love changing over to 'winter decor'.....

I leave a small part of my Dickens Village in the bay window and my 5ft heavily flocked tree up with only white lights in the living room...looks so pretty at night and during the day when snow is falling.

The family room has alpine trees with white lights and snowmen scatteres around. The mantle... Valerie's birch trees with deer....

Makes the house cozy when it is cold and dreary outside...