Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can't Let Go of This Kitchen Christmas Corner

@Nataliesgramma  Your winter decor sounds just beautiful!

Honored Contributor

I too would leave it as is all Winter. It's pretty and you love it....that's reason enough for me.

I have a snowman, candle with greenery surrounding it, and a picture of my grandbabies with Santa  on my Kitchen window ledge. It will stay there till Easter. I love it because every time I go to the sink I see this cute vignette and I love it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love the cow!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I can see why. It is just lovely!

Honored Contributor

Love how you think @LizzieInSRQ . The OP has such a pretty corner that could be changed monthly.

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom I think your corner vignette is lovely and I know I would keep it up as a "winter" decoration. So nice to see your Mother's pie plate in its place of honor, too.

I have two red bowls that my mom used for mixing whenever we baked. I always have them out in the winter (I still use them for mixing) because they are such a beautiful color. My older sister seemed a bit horrified to know that I still use them, rather than just keeping them as decor.  I suppose the bowls are antiques since they are from the 1940's. 

Esteemed Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@PA Mom-mom I think your corner vignette is lovely and I know I would keep it up as a "winter" decoration. So nice to see your Mother's pie plate in its place of honor, too.

I have two red bowls that my mom used for mixing whenever we baked. I always have them out in the winter (I still use them for mixing) because they are such a beautiful color. My older sister seemed a bit horrified to know that I still use them, rather than just keeping them as decor.  I suppose the bowls are antiques since they are from the 1940's. 

@GinaV24  It's great to have items our mother's used in our own kitchens. I still used my mom's pie plate until a few years ago. Then I started to worry about breaking it. My son found a similar pie plate on eBay and gave it to me for my birthday. Since then, Mom's plate has had a premanent place on the shelf.

Contributor

I can understand why it's very pretty. If you love it and it makes you happy, keep it up. Life is tough these days enjoy it!

Honored Contributor

THis is beautiful!

I wouldn't let go of it either. That's definitely an all winter thing. I love those corner shelves like that.  Honestly, most people don't know what to do with them and they become magnets for junk.

You have it all figured out! Love it!