Esteemed Contributor

Can't Let Go of This Kitchen Christmas Corner

[ Edited ]

Do you have a favorite little holiday vignette you just can't take down? I'm going to take down my Christmas decorations this weekend, but I'm leaving up my winter decor. I usually store my Temp-tations poinsettia on these shelves, but this little vignette has my heart. The pie plate was my mother's favorite pie plate and always has a place of honor in my kitchen. 

Kitchen corner 3.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Can't Let Go of This Kitchen Christmas Corner

Your Christmas Corner is very pretty 🤩 

Honored Contributor

I keep some of my lights up all year long. Those don't really have a holiday theme so I can make them look festive or not. But I do enjoy having lights lit up during the off-season just to have a little more 'joy' in my house.

Honored Contributor

I think I would have to leave that up all year!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

That is so pretty!  I bet you can do a lot of seasonal decorating in that cute little corner all year long. 

I love you your *winter vignette*--it's so cheerful

Esteemed Contributor

You corner is pretty. No I don't decorate so nothing up here. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I keep some of my lights up all year long. Those don't really have a holiday theme so I can make them look festive or not. But I do enjoy having lights lit up during the off-season just to have a little more 'joy' in my house.

@SilleeMee I certainly agree with you about having lights glowing all year! They bring me comfort and joy any time of the year!

Trusted Contributor

@PA Mom-mom I love your Christmas corner! But it could also be your Winter corner. I finally took my ornaments off of the tree today. I said to my husband on Sunday that I wanted to leave the tree up until the beginning of March because it makes me happy. He said he didn't care. But I know eventually I would get tired of it. So everything is down except the actual tree. I think I'll light it up tonight and take it apart tomorrow. Another holiday season over.🎄

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

That is so pretty!  I bet you can do a lot of seasonal decorating in that cute little corner all year long. 

I love you your *winter vignette*--it's so cheerful

@Lucky Charm  Actually, I usually only decorate this corner for Christmas and use it for storage the rest of the year. But, now that you mention it, I think I could do a bit more with it for the other seasons!

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom - Your corner is just perfect! I like that it isn't too much. I would definitely leave it up all winter. And I agree with @Lucky Charm- I would have a great time decorating it through the seasons. One or two bunnies would be cute hopping in when spring is almost here!  Smiley Wink