Respected Contributor

Re: Satchel Santas, Ho-Ho-Hobos and Other Indulgences Y'all... 4Q-2015

@Boehm Collector

The opening is the same as my favorite Roma 2's, which are SO secure. I hate having to zip open, then negotiate my hands around zipper stuff. Love the WIDE opening.

The difference between the TSV and the Barlow (besides the straps) is the lack of zippers on the sides, which extends the Barlow.

Both are coming to my home, Barlow and Brenna. One will get returned. Florentine Italian leather and pebble leather, my two favorites!

Honored Contributor

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

Not sure about your area but I have seen Aigner at Bloomies in NYC. I have not been in a while so I don't know what they have currently but I may need to swing by and take a look..not that I'm going to buy anything... it's on the way home sort of Smiley Wink

@foo foo shi shi I'm in DC and we have Bloomies both in the city and at Tyson's Corner mall, so maybe I'll check and see. 

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

@Serendipity, if you mean that bone one, it's to die for... Gorgeous. It also comes in black with the small bling, which is also very rich looking. I don't know which of these I'm getting, but I have a feeling one of these will be coming home at some point. As much as I like that tote, it's just too big, so it'll be one of the satchels or hobos, although that little clutch is sweet too...

Not sure about your area but I have seen Aigner at Bloomies in NYC. I have not been in a while so I don't know what they have currently but I may need to swing by and take a look..not that I'm going to buy anything... it's on the way home sort of Smiley Wink

@foo foo shi shi You are right! I just saw them on the Bloomie's site, and some, including the bone hobo, are eligibile for the buy more, save more promo. I think that means 25% off in this case @stevieb! Only through tomorrow. They have some cute styles.

@Serendipity The EA site is also offering 25% off thru today.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@NycVixen @1Professor @Serendipity @Boehm Collector @handygal2 @EdithEllenLily  @foo foo shi shi @handygal2@ @Sister Golden Hair... 

So the upside of having our little, well, not so little... quarterly running dialogs is that we all hang together. The down side, I guess, is that there never seems to be the need to start a new thread... Along those lines, I thought about starting one to simply ask: What's everyone carrying these days, but decided I'd start here first... So tell us bag girls, WHAT BAG ARE YOU CARRYING THESE DAYS...

Edited just to note, sorry handy, looks like I got you twice and Sister, I know you're away, but for some reason, your notification link often doesn't work for me... Must be something to do with your magic store...

Woman Wink

Hi @stevieb .....  fun question:

Last weekend I used my Salvatore Ferragamo:

IMG_1040.JPG

During the week I used a Dooney and Bourke I had originally purchased from the Q.. but replaced it with a new one from ebay.  It is the perfect size for work and not overly heavy.  This photo was taken off of ebay:

s-l140.jpg

Today I will be using my Mom's restored Gucci.  I am inserting a photo taken from the Gucci website.  My bag is almost identical to the one pictured.

247205_FWCZG_4080_002_080_0000_Light-Vintage-Web-Original-GG-boston-bag.jpg

@Boehm Collector  Some great bags...  I've always kind of wanted that Dooney, but never bought it. Sometimes I see it in as-is. It's been around for a good while, so hope they continue to carry it because maybe one day I'll cave. I think it's a little larger than many of their double front zipper pocket satchels. Enjoy that 'new' Gucci...

Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily OK, ordered the bolo 36! Smiley Very Happy Every girl needs one 36-inch necklace, yes? Smiley Wink Thanks for the rec.

Tsk, tsk... Every girl, @Serendipity, does NOT need a 36" necklace. What, you wanta dress up to sit in the outhouse...?

Hi @stevieb@EdithEllenLily@Serendipity .... anyone going into the outhouse most likely is taking at least one of their beautiful handbag purchases ... so they might as well get dressed up for the occasion and wear a great necklace to go along with a great bag. Woman Wink

Now think about it @Boehm Collector, why would you carry a nice bag or wear pretty jewelry to the outhouse...?

Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

MICHIGAN STATE

How unfortunate, but then, I suppose every dog has its day...

Woman Tongue

Hi @EdithEllenLily and @stevieb .. I know you both do not like Ohio State.  BUT Ohio State beat Penn State yesterday 38 to 10!!!!  Go Buckeyes!!!!

Yes, go Buckeyes!  (family in Ohio so we are fans Smiley Happy)

Honored Contributor

Anyone recall the very first day of the holiday return period? Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@foo foo shi shi I did notice that MZ Wallace was excluded from the Bloomie's sale, along with a ton of other handbag styles. 

Valued Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@foo foo shi shi I did notice that MZ Wallace was excluded from the Bloomie's sale, along with a ton of other handbag styles. 

Yes, not fair Smiley Happy. I know one time I bought a couple of MZ's (@ July 4th) there was a big sale and several MZ's were included so probably around Chistmas they will have more on sale including other brands that are normally excluded.

Honored Contributor

@Pamula wrote:

OmGoodness!!! I got the Anuschka Fall Bouquet value and the matching wallet!!!  i JUST LOVE IT!!!  Don't buy Anuschka or you will be hooked on them too!!!  Also, my sister and I bought the GILI Malano in brown snake and it was new and gorgeous!!!  So far alll of Milano's handle pins have held up... hers too...

Welcome, @Pamula-- glad you're enjoying your new acquisitions!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~