Esteemed Contributor

Re: PLEASE BRING BACK ****** HANDBAGS

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@hopi wrote:

@BlingQueen022

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@hopi wrote:

You will pay double the price if Q sells Coach you are better off shopping Coach on the internet.

why would you pay double?  The Q doesn't charge double for Dooney and Bourke or any other handbag brand name on their site.  

Q has the highest D&B prices than anywhere..... you are paying double.

I've purchased many dooneys from the Q and never paid double at all.  If I did each of my bags would have been 600 to 800 dollars a bag!  Thank goodness I wasn't charged double because I couldn't have afforded these bags.  Maybe others were but I sure haven't been.  My bags were priced the same as if I purchased them from the Dooney and Bourke website if they were not having a sale.  That's not double to me.

By the way, the Q is offering the new Large Zip Barlow Bag for 458.00.  I went on the Dooney and Bourke website and they're offering the bag at 458.00 also.  So far I don't see the Q doubling their prices.  

@BlingQueen022 .. at that price D&B will not add on a shipping charge.. unlike QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@hopi wrote:

@BlingQueen022

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@hopi wrote:

You will pay double the price if Q sells Coach you are better off shopping Coach on the internet.

why would you pay double?  The Q doesn't charge double for Dooney and Bourke or any other handbag brand name on their site.  

Q has the highest D&B prices than anywhere..... you are paying double.

I've purchased many dooneys from the Q and never paid double at all.  If I did each of my bags would have been 600 to 800 dollars a bag!  Thank goodness I wasn't charged double because I couldn't have afforded these bags.  Maybe others were but I sure haven't been.  My bags were priced the same as if I purchased them from the Dooney and Bourke website if they were not having a sale.  That's not double to me.

By the way, the Q is offering the new Large Zip Barlow Bag for 458.00.  I went on the Dooney and Bourke website and they're offering the bag at 458.00 also.  So far I don't see the Q doubling their prices.  

@BlingQueen022 .. at that price D&B will not add on a shipping charge.. unlike

QVC.

That's true, but the bag wouldn't cost double at 916.00

Regular Contributor

I heard the vendor say they use the plastic straps for durability, that they'd last longer than leather straps.  I'm no expert when it comes to leather or handbags, but I really think this is the opposite, that the leather would last longer.  I was a bit surprised when she said this.  I bought a cheap bag years ago and the first thing to go was the straps.  I wouldn't want a bag with plastic straps.

Honored Contributor

@Jackyl wrote:

I heard the vendor say they use the plastic straps for durability, that they'd last longer than leather straps.  I'm no expert when it comes to leather or handbags, but I really think this is the opposite, that the leather would last longer.  I was a bit surprised when she said this.  I bought a cheap bag years ago and the first thing to go was the straps.  I wouldn't want a bag with plastic straps.

I agree that leather handles are more durable, and saying otherwise was just a sales tactic by the vendor. I think most of us would be willing to pay more to have an ALL-LEATHER bag.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Leather handles DO LAST LONGER THAN VINYL.  I can't tell you how many Tig bags I've run across at thrift stores that are in pretty good shape EXCEPT for the handle and trim, which are made of vinyl.  Watch those Tig bags, there are more and more vinyl on them.  I'm aware of one style that has vinyl on the bottom, both sides, handles, handle anchors, strap, interior trim AND the outside pocket!!  Just enough leather on the bag to be legal advertising it as leather.... Woman Frustrated

BTW, I'm not doubting the poster who said that Coach has been on the Q but I can't remember when, I remember Brighton being on for awhile (and loved it).... but after watching for over 20 years I  don't remember Coach... can someone refresh my memory?  TIA  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Jackyl wrote:

I think there probably is vinyl that perhaps is just as durable as leather, but pretty clearly, all indications are that Tig isn't using it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

So do I !   I am so tired of the same old Dooneys over and over. I stopped watching the shows. I wish Peter Dooney would bring back the Pebble Leather Dooneys of the 70's and 80's that they were known for, even if it is a special for one season.  I still carry these as vintage just  as they are. I am not thrilled with the floral and other patterns of late. I have alwya been and  will always be a classic Dooney woman.