Honored Contributor

@DoneTryin wrote:

@duster95 wrote:

Thanks everyone!  I agree, but he has mentioned it a few times, so I needed another opinion.  The red bag is staying! LOL

@duster95. Why is he so insistent about it?

Maybe he wants to buy her a handbag? 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I finally went out of the box this year and bought a Dooney Fuchsia bag.  (I usually buy blues or neutrals)  I love it and get soooo many compliments.  Use it all year long if you want to!!!  Have fun with it.

Honored Contributor

Definitely a year-round color, especially since it's medium in shade. 8)

Valued Contributor

I love my red bags.  I read a Vogue article long ago that said red is a neutral.  And red is complimentary to many colors of summer clothes.

Regular Contributor

@DoneTryin wrote:

@duster95 wrote:

Thanks everyone!  I agree, but he has mentioned it a few times, so I needed another opinion.  The red bag is staying! LOL

@duster95. Why is he so insistent about it?

Lol - who knows! Red makes me happy and I definitely see it as a neutral. 

Regular Contributor

No sweaters here for about 6 months ( Texas). Next time he wears his red tshirt I'll tell him it's not a summer color. Haha

Regular Contributor

Well, if he wants me to buy a new handbag, I could definitely do that! Lol

Honored Contributor

@duster95 Good question! Woman Happy While I like a red handbag in the fall and winter primarily, I think it has a place in the summer especially for holiday weekends like this one.

The only season I'm not into wearing a red handbag is spring when I prefer lighter-hued handbags (tan, blue, lavender, pink) and black of all things, which can look sharp against pastel clothing.

Honored Contributor

Here's my opinion, for what it's worth. I think it depends on the shade of red. If it has yellow undertones, it's more spring/summer. If the undertones are blue, it's year-round.

The first one pictured is spring/summer, and the second is year-round, IMO:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

It's a personal choice. For me, red is more of a fall and winter choice, but I've been known to carry red at other times of the year. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...