Honored Contributor

Do you wash your Vera or Bella Taylor fabric purses in the washer on cold/gentle and then hang to dry or do you wash them by hand ? I've washed my VB bags in the washer on cold /gentle but  the tag on my new BT bag says hand wash only or spot clean. I'm a bit fearful it may fade. Maybe washer on cold/gentle with woolite. What do you all think? I certainly don't want it to look "washed" but nice and crisp and clean.

Contributor

I have a makeup bag, sometimes used to take to the market, and it washes beautifully.  Its a microfiber .  I have had this for 10 years. It has a little embellishment on one side and just perfect.  Black is the color.

Contributor

I didnt mention, its a Vera Bradley!!

Respected Contributor

I have machine washed on cold Vera Bradley, Lug and Travelon fabric bags. I've never had a Bella Taylor bag. I place them in a mesh lingerie bag before putting them in the machine. I then hang to dry. So far they have all come out great.  

Honored Contributor

That reminds me I have a grey Travelon bag , and I have washed it in the washer on cold. It came out fabulous.

Respected Contributor

I washed my Veras in the washer on gentle cycle.  Then they had removable bottoms that had to be taken out before you washed the bag.  I had a couple with permanent bottoms that i hand washed but did not dunk.  THe rolled handles never came clean no matter what i did.  

Honored Contributor

Just a reminder, just thought about this, some that are VB and large size ones, have the cardboard type of bottom to slide out before it gets washed. Just a reminder.