Honored Contributor

There are no rules anymoreWoman Very Happy

If you like it, carry itWoman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I agree there are no rules anymore.  I carry a handbag that matches my shoes.  I don't care what color or what season it is.  Look around when your out, I am sure you will see others that are red.  Point that out to hubby.  lol

Super Contributor

I think it depends on the shade of red and the material of the bag. For example, a darker, crimson shade leather bag may read more fall/winter...a bright red nylon bag definitely reads spring/summer in my opinion. I agree with other posters though, do whatever makes you happy!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have 2 red purses, one top handle and one cross-body. I carry mine all year. Both are a true red color - not dark red. I love red with white or navy in the summer and with black or grey in the fall and winter. 

Esteemed Contributor

Why, oh why do these crazy rules keep creeping up about certain colors only being  "appropriate" for certain seasons, especially in a bag or purse? I'm fine with carrying an off-white purse in winter, just like I would carry a red one in the summer. When it comes to purses, totes or bags, I carry what I like and what makes me feel good. And thank goodness my sweet hubby knows I don't need his advice unless I ask for it. My one and only fashion motto is that people do look at your purses and shoes...doesn't mean you have to spend mega dollars - buy what you can afford but recognize when it's time to replace them.

Honored Contributor

@Jannabelle wrote:

Why, oh why do these crazy rules keep creeping up about certain colors only being  "appropriate" for certain seasons, especially in a bag or purse? I'm fine with carrying an off-white purse in winter, just like I would carry a red one in the summer. When it comes to purses, totes or bags, I carry what I like and what makes me feel good. And thank goodness my sweet hubby knows I don't need his advice unless I ask for it. My one and only fashion motto is that people do look at your purses and shoes...doesn't mean you have to spend mega dollars - buy what you can afford but recognize when it's time to replace them.

ITA. Heck, my husband makes it a point of NOT commenting on stuff like that. Or more likely, he doesn't even notice. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland