Regular Contributor

I love my red leather handbags. I used to only carry neutrals, but once I bought my first red D&B florentine red handbag, I fell in love. I could carry a red bag all year, but hubbie keeps telling me I should put it away until fall/ winter. Would love to hear your opinions! 

Esteemed Contributor

I just started carrying my red handbag for the summer!!

Honored Contributor

Wear it all year.

Respected Contributor

Unless there's something about the design or the feel of the bag that makes it look inappropriate for certain seasons, I'd wear it all year.  Red isn't a seasonal color.  You shouldn't wear white bags after September in northern climates, but you can where it's still hot.

Respected Contributor

I'm with you & would carry the red bag any time of year!

Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone!  I agree, but he has mentioned it a few times, so I needed another opinion.  The red bag is staying! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@duster95 wrote:

I love my red leather handbags. I used to only carry neutrals, but once I bought my first red D&B florentine red handbag, I fell in love. I could carry a red bag all year, but hubbie keeps telling me I should put it away until fall/ winter. Would love to hear your opinions! 

@duster95

When I was young (100 years ago), I disliked Red, Bright Green and Grey. Now --- I love all these colors. Red and Bright Green are Happy colors --- and I like to switch to grey/neutrals on other days. This includes sweaters, pants, shoes, handbags. Yes --- You can wear a Red handbag all year long. Maybe u need to buy ur husband a nice Red Sweater!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Don't forget all the red roses and other red flowers that bloom in SUMMER.-----ted

Respected Contributor

@duster95 wrote:

Thanks everyone!  I agree, but he has mentioned it a few times, so I needed another opinion.  The red bag is staying! LOL

@duster95. Why is he so insistent about it?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Opinions, please

[ Edited ]

You have to carry a bag that makes you happy. I recently found a D&B bag at 6pm.com, A Nylon Large Pocket Satchel in rouge.  This is a nice crossbody. The bag I found is darker. 

Large Pocket Satchel