Occasional Contributor

Please let this metallic and neon bags trend END very soon!  I am ready for something else.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Respected Contributor

I suspect, since metallic shades have been around for years, that they're not going to end anytime soon. 

Are metallics and neon the only options? 

Honored Contributor

If you don't like metallics and brights....don't watch those shows.  Problem solved.  You're welcome.

Esteemed Contributor

Metallics have made another  resurgence . First seen in 1930's by film stars Jean Harlow and Joan Crawford .  Were popular again in 1970's , who can forget the Disco craze.

Then again in 1990's  with metallic colors and geometric patterns.

So, like animal prints they resurface in popularity ever so often. I hold on to some good  vintage pieces to  give a 2nd life to.

Honored Contributor

Some of us were just born to be BRILLIANT !!!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Love Metallics keep them coming....

Always in fashion.

Super Contributor

It's been a while since I posted here, but I wanted to add my two cents regarding metallic handbags. They are indeed enjoying a resurgence right now, but I also think that they are always in style. I have a metallic bag by Gigi New York, a great accessory company based in Long Island. The model I have is the Chelsea Crossbody in the color Platinum. The strap can be detached so the bag can also be used as a clutch. Very versatile - can be worn with jeans or a cocktail dress. Below is a photo of my Chelsea, paired with my Bzees Niche canvas flats for a summer casual look.  As a FYI,  Gigi New York handbags are genuine leather and made in the USA.

20230419_162422.jpg

Respected Contributor

Amen!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

I don't think I have any metallic bags, but I do have several pairs of metallic shoes ... actually several pairs of identical metallic shoes.

LandsEnd water shoes - silver metallic.  Everytime the silver in my size is on sale, I buy another pair.  I think at the moment, I have five pairs.

Women's Water Shoes, Front

Respected Contributor

@MissRose722  Lovely metallic purse and perfect color match with the flats Smiley Happy! I like the contrasting gold hardware on the purse and the tassle! Smiley Happy