Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I just went to the MZ Wallace site to look at their purses. Some very pretty but I would NEVER - and I mean NEVER - pay those prices for cloth purses.  But if it's in your budget to throw away your money ....

@151949,  why would it be throwing money away? Don't you think that it is in the eye of the beholder?

SMH

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I got the bag you describe at Amazon as QVC didn't have a bag that size in the color I wanted.  Took the ape off; dog chewed his hands off.  I don't think they're worth the price.  The nylon fabric is very thin and flimsy.  I can't help but compare them with the MZ Wallace bags which cost a lot more but are much more substantial.

The nylon fabric is really NOT flimsy at all-lasts and looks great for a long time!!

Occasional Contributor

I've carried a Kipling backpack bag all spring and summer.  It has been fantastic!  It is so lightweight but very durable.  It still looks brand new!  I've gotten many compliments on it.  I too ditched the monkey as soon as I got it!

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I just went to the MZ Wallace site to look at their purses. Some very pretty but I would NEVER - and I mean NEVER - pay those prices for cloth purses.  But if it's in your budget to throw away your money ....

@151949,  why would it be throwing money away? Don't you think that it is in the eye of the beholder?

SMH

What's SMH mean?

Honored Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

SMH

What's SMH mean?

@Tyak- SMH means shaking my head. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh

Thanks, I had no idea!

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

It's always your way or the highway...

Honored Contributor

I own one Kipling bag that I bought directly from Kipling.  Mine came with a metallic classier looking monkey charm however I was in it for a monkey so I ordered one to match the bag.

Mine isn't nylon - it's a thicker twill feeling fabric.

It's called the Folami satchel and the pattern is Sunshine Happy.

Image result for folami satchel

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I own one Kipling bag that I bought directly from Kipling.  Mine came with a metallic classier looking monkey charm however I was in it for a monkey so I ordered one to match the bag.

Mine isn't nylon - it's a thicker twill feeling fabric.

It's called the Folami satchel and the pattern is Sunshine Happy.

Image result for folami satchel

@Bird mama I really like your pattern, your bag, and the monkey you ordered (I remember that!). I like my navy monkey, too, on my True Blue Cyrene bag from the Q. Woman Happy

Contributor

I like the Kipling prints, they are pretty and I love a light bag.  I don't know why they call the furry monkey a monkey when he has no tail.  I thought it was cute but I was in the veterinarian's office and like another person said- a dog grabbed it and started to pull on it.  After the dog mugging I sadly decided to take the monkey off the purse.  It is a cute purse.   Have a nice night everyone.  I enjoy reading your posts.