Honored Contributor

Both Kipling and MZ Wallace are great bags.  The Kipling is a bit more casual and less expensive.  They are comfortable, sturdy, and well made.  The MZ Wallace is a more expensive bag and it is evident.  It is a more upscale bag, but both are very utilitarian and attractive.  I enjoy both.

Honored Contributor

I love my Kipling bags.  I don't have many, but I love the ones I have.  

I don't know why people have said the nylon is flimsy.  I've had no problems at all.  And I've given them for gifts and they've had no complaints either.  I think they're very well made.

Larger than what @151949 is looking for, but my favorite Kipling, that I've carried for most of the summer, is the Kipling Angela (not the Angie).  I've only seen the Angela sold at Macy's online.  I have a few of those and bought a light pink Angela from both Macy's when they had it and then a few from Ebay for friends.  It's a terrific purse.  I don't use the long strap, but the regular straps fit over my shoulder just fine.

I take the little gorilla charm off immediately.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Kipling bags

[ Edited ]

Check out macys on line they have some. I have two ,i like them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I just ordered another Angela this morning, in Navy. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I looked at the Kipling angie bag on Amazon and I see it as slightly different than the QVC one. The one on Amazon doesn't have the patent trim, nor the gold hardware. I think those things make the QVC one dressier looking. Also the QVC one is on clearance so about $20 cheaper than the amazon one. Personally, I like the QVC one better.Also, for some reason the QVC one doesn't have the monkey. The amazon one does.Not that I'd keep that on the purse. I always remove things like that or tassels or those little mirrors Tig used to put on purses.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kipling bags

[ Edited ]

My personal opinion is that for what they are Kipling bags are fine... I'm not a big fan of nylon but if I'm going nylon then I'm doing it at a modest priced. If I'm opting to spend several hundred dollars on a bag, it's not going to be synthetic fabric, no matter how 'upscale' it might supposedly be... When seeking a lighter weight bag, I prefer canvas and coated fabric materials. Kipling bags are 'flimsy' only in the sense that the nylon is not highly structured, but it is durable and will tolerate quite a bit of abuse... All that said, there are more economical places to obtain Kipling bags than here. As for the choice of bags and overall preferences, that's an individual determination... 

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

I was interested in purchasing a Kipling bag so I visited their US website.  I scrolled to the bottom of the page and read about the UK Slavery Act and the CA Supply Chains Act. Based on the company's transparency and good reviews of the bags, I purchased one and have carried it all summer.  It still looks like the day I received it.

Honored Contributor

I just went to the MZ Wallace site to look at their purses. Some very pretty but I would NEVER - and I mean NEVER - pay those prices for cloth purses.  But if it's in your budget to throw away your money ....

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I just went to the MZ Wallace site to look at their purses. Some very pretty but I would NEVER - and I mean NEVER - pay those prices for cloth purses.  But if it's in your budget to throw away your money ....

At this stage of my life I wouldn't buy ANY bag that costs what those do but,  it's not my call to question what anyone else chooses to spend their money on.  

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@151949,  why would it be throwing money away? Don't you think that it is in the eye of the beholder?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland