Honored Contributor

I haven't purchased one but I always like the look of them and the light weight, and the organization. And they come in every conceivable size - not just super large then tiny crossbody - but the middle size most women like. For me - I want my purses between 10" & 12" wide, and at least 3" deep.I also appreciate straps on my everyday bag that can go from crossbody to short shoulder or long shoulder with an adjustable strap. And talk about light weight -  one of the mid size bags they showed was only 12oz!!!! 

I can't say I really get the monkey thing - but otherwise they seem to be very nice , well thought out , good quality bags at decent prices.

Honored Contributor

I got the bag you describe at Amazon as QVC didn't have a bag that size in the color I wanted.  Took the ape off; dog chewed his hands off.  I don't think they're worth the price.  The nylon fabric is very thin and flimsy.  I can't help but compare them with the MZ Wallace bags which cost a lot more but are much more substantial.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  Thank you so much for your input...I was thinking about getting a Kipling crossbody to replace my worn out everyday bag and read some of the reviews about how the bag does not hold up well.  You just confirmed those reviews and I will skip for now..I will probably check out Goodwill and find the perfect bag someone else did not want!!!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have a Kipling Bag. It is okay.  It is in my closet that I rarely use. The fabric is thin.  For the light weight bags, I prefer my Travelon or Lily Bloom (made with recycled plastic) bags.

Respected Contributor

Re: Kipling bags

[ Edited ]

I’ve carried a Kipling about a year now. In my opinion the fabric is not flimsy. I like a bag about the size of a sheet of paper 8-1/2 x 11” and 3” deep, not too big nor too small. I’ve been very happy with the bag. Very durable. Kinda like travelon but with a little more style. It’s blue so I’ll carry it into winter. I don’t like to change bags often. It has two straps and a removable strap to carry cross body if needed. And my grandkids love the ape. 

Respected Contributor

I have at least 7 of them and they wear like iron, at least they do for me.  But, I'm not rough with my bags.  They're good quality, lightweight and comfortable to carry.  I'd put them up against any other nylon bag out there.

Valued Contributor

I am using a Reth blue crossbody right now.  I was using an Angie before that.  I like these bags and own several in the Angie.

Honored Contributor

I have two Kipling handbags, and they do wear like iron. Love the organization, light weight, and overall appearance. 

I do find the best deals are found directly on the website, and shipping is prompt. 

Elysia is the style I like so much. Perfect. 

Honored Contributor

I am a huge MZ Wallace fan and have several of their handbags, wallets, cosmetics and totes; they are my favorite handbag brand right now. I do agree with @Kachina624 that MZ Wallace is superior to Kipling. But Kipling is a good brand, too.

Earlier this year I purchased the Kipling Cyrene, available here at QVC, and I was impressed with the style, which is reminiscent of the MZ Wallace Haley. At the time, MZ Wallace did not have a Haley in their dark navy color called Dawn, so I tried the Kipling Cyrene in True Blue (navy). I carried it for quite awhile and was pleased. To me, Kipling bags are more casual in look and feel and have less expensive zippers and trim. If anyone is considering a Kipling, I do recommend the Cyrene and I noticed that there is free shipping & handling.

True Blue

Below is the MZ Wallace Haley for comparison -- thicker, water resistant pleated nylon bags with leather trim and a leather handle on this one.

Image result for MZ Wallace Hayley

Valued Contributor

I've seen some MZ Wallace bags but never purchased as I wouldn't spend that much money on a handbag. 

I do own several Kiplings which I love. All have been purchased on sale or at TJ Maxx. 

It's personal preference!!