Trusted Contributor

Re: How many purses do you own?

@gidgetgh wrote:

I'm trying to work on slowing down my purse buying. I love a purse and have to have it and then, sometimes, lose interest in it pretty quickly. Others I keep a long time.  I have turned fickle with purses and I don't know why.  What I love today isn't necessarily what I will love next month.  

I have sold many since the first of the year (but also bought many, sigh).  I counted last night and I have 39. I actually winced a little just typing the number. 

I absolutely don't "need" that many purses. I mean, no one does.  But I have been really ruthless parting with some and am happy with what I have, just not the amount that I have.

Anyone else want to share?

I too am a Bag Hag.

I am afraid to count how many I have now.  I have not parted with even one.

My other vice is running shoes.  Now I have tossed but they have become an addiction.  I usually find a deal at Nordstrom Rack.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Probably 50.  about 20 vintage Dooneys from the 90's, a few vintage Coach, a vintage Ralph Lauren,  Fossil & assorted.

Honored Contributor

We moved this past February and I purged.  I now have two bags, one Dooney & Bourke & one Patrisha Nash.  It's wonderful!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

I refuse to count...Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

I have about 25, which is too many, have recently downsized also. 

My favs are Dooney & Bourke, but have stopped buying any of this brand because of constanly receiving defective bags.

Baggallilni is now making bags out of recycled water bottles.  I couldn't find in the description when ordering online, but when received there was a tag attached that stated such.

The recycled water bottles make the bag lack quality and the zippers do not operate smoothly.  So sad, will never buy another Baggallini.

Respected Contributor

@sktchy Any good source for Brookes running shoes?

We have a local store, where I always get them, but wondering if you ever buy those and if so any sources online? Tks.

@gidgetgh 

As for handbags....I have yet to count, but since you asked I might. I've actually never thought of myself as a handbag girl, much more that way with jackets and hats. That said...I think I'm kidding myself now!!

During Covid times I suddenlty started collecting some Lug bags, because I prefer lightweight and casual crossbodies mostly now. I do use everything I've bought, and interchange according to use and season. Also added some Lug totes, travel, cosmetic, and backpacks!  But still...I do love fine leather bags. Love my few Dooneys, and use them occasionally. I have a "vintage" Coach. I don't have any big time designer "investment bags" but I do admire them. Have many little evening bags of my own, and some lovely vintage ones I inherited from mom.

I did purge over the years, getting rid of old QVC purchases...remember Maxx NY?! and B Mikowsky (only ever bought one) and Kathy VZ. I've decluttered and now my whole collection is in two of those Poreia boxes in my bedroom closet. And my crossbody's hang from an accessory hanger in same closet. I do have room in those boxes for a few more.

I DID just add a Patricia Nash, the cute deal over MD wknd, it's in my cart, on check...............I will probably not talk myself out of it...it fits a category I've wanted to fill for a while...a leather, neutral saddle color crossbody. Good price, and Top Cashback had 8% that wknd too. Smiley Happy I thought I'd get a Dooney for that, but I liked this bag for something different. If I get the Item number later, I'll post it.

Honored Contributor

I pulled out 2 this morning to take to consignment tomorrow.  That will take me down to 37.  Still too many, but....

Probably my favorite purse is the Hobo Cambel.  I love this bag and through the last few years, I have bought it in several colors.  It's a leather crossbody, lightweight, great colors and holds my full sized wallet.  So, it's hard for me to pare those down, to a few colors, because I like the style so much.

Then there is the Brahmin Marley.  Very small crossbody.  I own it in several colors also.  I like all the ones I have so it's hard to just arbitrarily pick some to sell.

Brahmin or Hobo International is all I carry.  I do have 1 navy Vera Bradley crossbody though that my sister gave me.

I do change my purses every few days though.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh Had never heard of Hobo Int'l before so I checked it out just now. Big selection, some nice leather bags.

I love that little Adalyn Small Frame crossbody, especially in that buttery chamois and the sunflower. 💛

Ya see?....I'm toally kidding myself...lol...I think I've become a handbag gal!

The thing I always hated was the actual schepping around of a heavy, traditional "purse"...always slipping off my shoulder, digging for things in it. Always wanted to be more carefree, lightweight, handsfree. But over the years, so many better options for lightweight, crossbody, real or faux leather, and good construction and organization...once you find what works for you that way...and with so many cute and classic options out there...it became more fun.

Esteemed Contributor

I have about 15...I never really counted them.  I do like purses but I don't like changing my handbags so I can go a long time not using most of them.  I just switched out last month and will try to use another purse next month.

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

We moved this past February and I purged.  I now have two bags, one Dooney & Bourke & one Patrisha Nash.  It's wonderful!

That's it? 🤩 wow I'm impressed. Please share which Dooney and which Nash. Enquiring purseaholics want to know 😉😇

Harmonize the World