Honored Contributor

I ordered a long wool coat in charcoal grey, hope it fits. So I started thinking a grey handbag would look lovely with it-you know how that goes. I like the darker greys as opposed to the light that almost looks white. I don't own a grey bag. 

I love the first one but it's $1700. Prada. The Kate Spade catches my eye as far as going with the coat. But not as well with outfits. I love satchels. Anyone own a really great grey bag? If I get one it has to be lower budget, preferably 200 or less.

shopping.jpeg8988693_fpx.jpeg8581580_fpx.jpeg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

I've got serveral but the thing is I never seem to carry most of them, at least not for long... I guess that while I like grey, I don't love it... I've got a nice satchel from Dooney, a really beautiful Milly satchel that's probably the best of the lot and a couple of Italian bags found at good prices at the TJX stores... I'd suggest going by Marshall's or TJ Maxx and seeing what they have in stock... I haven't seen as many nice bags at either as I have in the past, but still see some good choices at good prices. You could also search the TJ Maxx website by silhouette and color and see what comes up, though the pickings lately have seems sort of slim. That Prada you pictured is a great choice, but I completely understand about that price...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Love the first one .. but a more structured bad is just a personal

preference of mine ...

Respected Contributor

But ... $ 200 or less would also be my preference ...

Honored Contributor

The Prada is gorgeous, but it would make every coat I've ever owned look really cheap; therefore, I couldn't carry it -  unless maybe I found a gorgeous coat for $6500 -   and a lottery win to pay for it.

Honored Contributor

I'm very picky about my shade of gray. I have one gray handbag. As much as I'm no longer buying Dooney, they had a gorgeous gray in the Flo leather about 4 years ago. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I'm very picky about my shade of gray. I have one gray handbag. As much as I'm no longer buying Dooney, they had a gorgeous gray in the Flo leather about 4 years ago. 

Yep, my grey Dooney is a smaller Flo satchel... It's a nice medium shade of grey.

Honored Contributor

I really like the grey Coach handbag you posted.

I have this smoke grey Vince Camuto drawstring shoulder bag l purchased a few years ago, It was in the $150 price range, and the leather is buttery soft, good quality.

I haven't used it yet though, as I tend to favor black over grey.

IMG_0122.JPG

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Actually, now that @handygal2 mentions it, I too have a pretty Camuto satchel in grey and it wasn't terribly expensive. I got it on sale for a great price. I think I found it on ebags, which might be worth a look, as might the 6PM site. 

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21,

Love the Prada and Coach. Try Dooney & Bourke, they have some beautiful leather grey handbags at a reasonable price!

Image result for good luck animated images