Respected Contributor

Another vote to look at Dooney. They have some gorgeous (grey) bags. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Grey Handbags

[ Edited ]

With a grey coat I suggest carrying a contrast color instead.  I think a burgundy, navy or a hunter green bag would look great. Even a rich saddle color would look beautiful. I get many compliments when I do this. 

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  I am also on the grey bag quest. It's not as easy as I thought. Some are very light, some are more of a mushroom/truffle shade and the shades I do like are not in a style that would or OR only offer gold hardware (I want silver). I was also leaning towards suede as I think it looks great in grey.

Everything I like is super expensive so I'm holding out, lol. The PRADA is lovely!

Honored Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

With a grey coat I suggest carrying a contrast color instead.  I think a burgundy, navy or a hunter green bag would look great. Even a rich saddle color would look beautiful. I get many compliments when I do this. 

I sort of agree @NycVixen. Tonal grey can become rather, well, grey... But I understand wanting to add a grey bag to one's collection. Were it me though, I think grey and maroon or oxblood  look so nice together. I also think grey can look good with shades of dark aubergine.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

@NycVixen, I had the same thought. Yes, as @stevieb, it's great to find a good shade of gray in a handbag. But I think red would be beautiful, or the colors you mentioned, as a contrast.

When I'm wearing primarily black, I love to pair it with a red or raspberry handbag.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I wanted to add  that another reason for contrast is that it might be easier than trying to find the right gray shade for the coat.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Re: Grey Handbags

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 @stevieb  I agree. I have bags in various shades of burgundy and each adds its own beauty to grey. I have one grey bag and I find that I don't use it that much. I will pull it out to wear more often but with jewel tones. 

As I've gotten older, I've also become bolder with my choices. Since then, my personal style has really evolved. I don't just focus on color but also textures and patterns. I really think through my accessories to maximize these elements. 

This is why I love suede. When done well, it adds so much and elevates an outfit. 

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

I'm considering this Rebecca Minkoff. I've always wanted one of her bags. It's nubuck which I actually love. Great price at Bloomingdales. 155 with a $25 reward card. I love the red, that's available on her web site. 

9597915_fpx.jpeg9597927_fpx.jpeg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I'm considering this Rebecca Minkoff. I've always wanted one of her bags. It's nubuck which I actually love. Great price at Bloomingdales. 155 with a $25 reward card. I love the red, that's available on her web site. 

9597915_fpx.jpeg9597927_fpx.jpeg

I love suede and nubuck.  Just be careful of color transfer if it rubs against your coat.  (If you choose the red one.)

Esteemed Contributor

Love the color but  my versions come from Zulily or from other discount sources and I never pay over $40... ever ----and still get all kinds of compliments.