Honored Contributor

@stevieb    You're right, usually WD-40 stinks to high heaven but I haven't noticed a smell from the can I'm currently using.  Didn't smell anything on my zipper. 

I did also mention the use of a candle. Actually, beeswax is the best. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb   Thanks for that, I just may give that a whirl !.

Honored Contributor

These days I return any bag that gives me the slightest bit of difficulty.  I know I won't use it.

Whether you decide to return or exchange is another issue.  I tend to not reorder something that gives me trouble the first time around.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Dooney zipper

[ Edited ]

If I have a zipper that isn't quite as smooth as I'd like I take a piece of wax paper and rub it on both sides of the teeth with it open and then also when its closed. and repeat with more wax paper..make sure to use the waxy side...it doesn't leave a mess on the zipper, zipper tape or the bag itself, doesn't have an odor and it works great Smiley Happy 

Regular Contributor

I had a zipper tear on a Dooney.  I contacted Dooney and they replied that it was no longer under warranty and it could cost up to $100 for repair.  They advised, should it be more than $100, I could have a $100 discount on a new bag.  I said forget it and haven't purchased a Dooney since.

Contributor

Hi, don't know if you returned the purse, I have Dooney's and always used waxed paper, it works great!

Respected Contributor

I use waxed paper wadded up and run it all along the zipper on top and underneath.  (Any which way I can).

Then zip it back and forth and rub the waxed paper on it again. 

Works great for me and I'm not worried about getting some type of liquid on the bag.  

Respected Contributor

@webbgarner1 I received a zip zip bag for a gift a couple of years back and returned it.  I loved the jade color but the zipper was defective and hung up repeatedly.  If you are experiencing resistence I would return.

Respected Contributor

Candle wax works well on any kind of zippers.

Trusted Contributor

@Boomernichols  Thanks. I was experiencing the same. I returned it. Dooney just does not seem to work that well for me. I found myself a really nice brahmin bag.  I do have a large dooney nylon bag that I have  gotten a lot of use out of. But somehow when I was in a store I did not realize it, the zipper pull came off and was lost. I am sicking with brahmin and Michael Kors.Stlish, quality and light weight. Works for me.