Respected Contributor

Dooney and Bourke Return Processing

[ Edited ]

anyone else had this experience?? i purchased a sydney sutton from the dooney website in mid august.  shipped from california, arrived many days later.  bag had bad zippers.  sent back to returns dept on August 22; received by them on August 26.  today i check for my credit.  no credit.  call dooney and they say they had a problem processing the credit on Friday and need to set up a case to hand over to accounting.  i asked to speak to accounting.  i was told that is not the way that their process works.  someone will be in touch with me in 48 hours or so.  What??? They have their defective bag, i want my money back.  i should  have listened to the QVC reviewers that criticized the zipper.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney and Bourke Return Processing

I've never returned a Dooney bag, but Dooney & Bourke is a trusted business and I'm sure they'll get your money back to you. The one time I did have to deal with Dooney customer service, they took care of me and I feel comfortable recommending them to others.

Respected Contributor

I have not dealt with D& B specifically, but you should contact your credit card and initiate a dispute.  You can always cancel the dispute if your credit comes through from D&B.

Respected Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

I have not dealt with D& B specifically, but you should contact your credit card and initiate a dispute.  You can always cancel the dispute if your credit comes through from D&B.

@PinkyPetunia thank-you!  I did initiate the dispute process.  Again thanks for reminding me.  

Esteemed Contributor

I recently dealt directly with the Dooney site and was not thrilled. I placed my order directly online thru their site with my e-mail log in and got the confirmation e-mail for my order. So far, so good. Then days later I followed up, signed on to the website, and there was NO RECORD of my order and no history of the past orders I placed at Christmas. I called customer service and she said, whoops, it had been delivered (and I was able to pick it up at my P.O. Box).  I have had better luck with ILoveDooney for follow up and order history.

My current preference is to just wait till they have a sale at Macys and deal with them online.  I can always take returns directly to the store.  

Honored Contributor

I have ordered many items from Dooney dot com over the years and have returned a few, too. While their website is not the greatest, I have never had a problem with returns. I usually send them Priority Mail with insurance and tracking. Once I see the item is there, I stop worrying. After about a week or so, the return credit shows up on my credit card -- and the returns have always been correct. 

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily i have ordered several things from both Dooney and ilovedooney.  but this is my first return.  i tracked the return and knew that they accepted it last Wednesday morning, a week ago.   today i was checking my Credit Card  to verify it had been credited.  i was suprised that it had not been but more surprised by their odd response and the fact that i could not talk to whoever in accounting.  the credit card company put the item in dispute to start the ball rolling.  they thought it was odd too and could tell me that there was no reason they would have rejected a credit.  

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@EdithEllenLily i have ordered several things from both Dooney and ilovedooney.  but this is my first return.  i tracked the return and knew that they accepted it last Wednesday morning, a week ago.   today i was checking my Credit Card  to verify it had been credited.  i was suprised that it had not been but more surprised by their odd response and the fact that i could not talk to whoever in accounting.  the credit card company put the item in dispute to start the ball rolling.  they thought it was odd too and could tell me that there was no reason they would have rejected a credit.  

Yikes, Shawnie @Shawnie! What an odd situation! I hope it resolves soon and that you receive your credit, EEL

Respected Contributor

so no one contacted me today, and no credit was generated to my credit card either.  i do not understand this.  do they have cash flow problems or something.  they have had the bag for 9 days.  enough already, credit my account.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

so no one contacted me today, and no credit was generated to my credit card either.  i do not understand this.  do they have cash flow problems or something.  they have had the bag for 9 days.  enough already, credit my account.

I feel for you.  I just went through that with Macys.  After several phone calls I finally received my credit, but I had to go to the store in person to get and even that was a hardship once i got there.  

I dealth with the Dooney and Bourke customer service before and got no where with them.  I haven't ordered anything since then.  I'm too scared to. If they haven't issued a credit after 9 days, I don't think they will.  I would contact Consumer Affairs and report them.  I hope you get your credit.  Have you talked to a supervisor from the Dooney website?  Maybe that would help.  I sure hope this is resolved for you.  I know how frustrating and aggravating this is for you.  I've been there and don't want to do it again.  Good luck!!