Respected Contributor

Major cracking issues on the braided handles of the striped nylon shopper.  Also the edges of the handles are completely worn and the color is gone.

It's sad that you pay so much for a handbag, expect quality and after a short period of time using the product, something goes wrong with it.

I have some Dooney's to trade in but I think I'm done with the brand and will just sell the one's I don't use off on the Bay. 

This one I bought from I love Dooney so there's no warranty on it to my knowledge and I had it put away until the summer came along.   That's what I get for buying ahead and using it later.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

This one I bought from I love Dooney so there's no warranty on it to my knowledge and I had it put away until the summer came along.   That's what I get for buying ahead and using it later.

I've never heard this before. As far as I know, ever registered Dooney bags comes with a warranty and I Love Dooney is a Dooney owned shop and any item should come with a registration card and number.

You can call Dooney CS and ask them. They also offer a repair service. I own several Dooney's and have never had the leather crack. Sorry that's happened to your bag.

Contributor

Have you tried a leather conditioner? Maybe that will help. I would contact Dooney just in case and find out if they can do anything for you.

Respected Contributor

Thank you but last time I had a problem with a Dooney, I sent it in and they said it was due to "wear and tear" and that's just general wear.  I ended up trading it in but that wasn't what i wanted to hear.   I actually forgot about that and wonder why i still buy from them...hummmmmmmm.  

it's the top of the handles, about 6" on the top and on both of them.  It's not even the side that goes on my shoulder, it's the top side.  I looked again the braided part on all 4 areas look OK, it's just the top of the 2 handles.