Regular Contributor

8/5 and not even the beginning of a flower stalk emerging. They get a minimum of 6 hours of sun and watered with liquid food sent with smaller than aired bulbs. ANYONE ELSE WITH THIS DISAPPONTMENT?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Robertas Tuberrose Failure

I got lilac bushes that haven't bloomed either. I can grow and get to bloom, any other plants but theirs....

I won't be buying anything from them or Cottage Farms next year.......what I buy locally looks beautiful. Their stuff...pathetic... 

Regular Contributor

Thanks for your time and the feedback!

Honored Contributor

couldnotcareless wrote

8/5 and not even the beginning of a flower stalk emerging. They get a minimum of 6 hours of sun and watered with liquid food sent with smaller than aired bulbs. ANYONE ELSE WITH THIS DISAPPONTMENT?

I grew tuberoses once many years ago and they didn't flower until just before frost in early October, so don't give up yet.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I've had a lot of disappointments with Roberta's and with Cottage Farms.  I don't buy anything from either one now.  I buy local from here on out.

Regular Contributor

Thanks. I also have grown them at several homes, and always had flower stalks started by now......actual flowers August and September latest. I will update if any change.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

couldnotcareless wrote

I grew tuberoses once many years ago and they didn't flower until just before frost in early October, so don't give up yet.

I'm in NJ and the same thing happened to mine.  I spent an entire spring and summer, nursing that stupid plant, only to have a very few blooms in October.  I decided to try again so brought the plant inside over the winter.  The same thing happened the following year.  Tossed it along with a CF Plumeria plant that also had only a few blooms in October.

Honored Contributor

I bought the set of two lilac twice blooming plants, and they are growing, but I don't expect them to bloom this year.  The hydrangeas and blackberry bushes I bought this year along with the lilacs from Cottage Farms are gowing and blooming.

Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I've had a lot of disappointments with Roberta's and with Cottage Farms.  I don't buy anything from either one now.  I buy local from here on out.

I buy from local native plant nurserys. Native plants only need to be watered the first year (in my area) and then they take care of themselves. Also natives tend to attract the locals (birds,bees,hummers etc) in the area because that's what they like.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I (now) buy only locally as I've been disappointed far too many times believing something native to Hawaii would thrive in NJ.