Honored Contributor

I live on a street where you can only park on one side of the street (mine, as luck would have it). The people across the street from me have so many cars in the family, that the son with the pick up truck parks in front of my house. Mind you, this kid has got to be in his mid 20's. I often find soda cans, papers, the occasional winter glove right by the space where the kid parks his truck (once he moves it).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor
On 4/4/2015 JustJazzmom said:

Matty6 it might be an ornamental grass and if it is straw like, it should be cut down or back so that the new green growth can come through.

My pet peeve is the lawn scrapers (landscalpers) strewing powdered lime all over the neighbor's lawn instead of using the pelletized lime which is better in a drop spreader.

Second pet peeve is landscrapers using a rotary spray spreader instead of a drop spreader to apply either crabgrass preventer or fertilizer to a lawn. It goes everywhere including the foundation planting.

That is exactly what it is ..I have no interest in gardening so I do not know the names of plants but, I thought it should be cut back ...what a mess it makes.

Valued Contributor

Although we live in a suburban neighborhood, we border on a lot of what used to be farms which is now just vacant land. It makes me so sad to see people dumping their bags of trash/garbage from their cars and onto the side of the road knowing that the township will end up picking them up.

The other thing that bugs me are people who wait until the cashier has rung up their entire order before they get their check book out and begin the process of writing out the check which then needs to be approved by a manager. What? Are they thinking they might not have to pay and then have their come to Jesus moment when the cashier gives them the total. For pete's sake, be ready so you don't hold up a whole line of people.

Maria

Valued Contributor

AmazingGrace2: I live in Nebraska and yes our housing is cheap compared to other states. We bought our house for 170,000 and it is 20 yrs. old. My brother in CA just sent me an email about his house. He paid 36,000 for his house and it is now on Zillow for 1.2 million. He has lived in his house for over 50 years.

Super Contributor
On 4/4/2015 Matty6 said:

My neighbor has a straw plant [looks like a haystack] outside her house... now that she is putting the house up for sale [she is not taking care of her lawn or the plants there] this straw plant [and it is quite large.] is not get cut back it blows all over the place and it is quite a mess. I tried talking to her about it and she would not cut it back or tie it down with something. Went I went out I saw that once again it blew into my flower boxes and also went around the pipes outside. So, I racked it up and dumped the mess on her side. She must of got the message because she cut back the straw plant to almost nothing.Wink Actions speak louder the words.

glad I read this. have seen those 'haystack type' plants and loved them. have considered getting some. Hmmmmmm, have to rethink and research. thanx for the heads up, Matty