Esteemed Contributor

Re: It's January--anything blooming in your neighborhood?

@brewhaha wrote:

Dales

Bloomingdales 😜

Respected Contributor

I see buds on our maple trees (Delaware.) If this warm continues, the peaches will bud and then it's all over for the crop. They'll freeze later on.

Valued Contributor

Many plants are getting their buds.  Lilies popping up and daffodils.    Of course the pansies which I do not worry about.  The others will probably be dead this spring after we we do get some really cold weather.  

What a strange year for weather.  

Valued Contributor

Don't I wish! Here in zone 5, it's snow and evergreens.

Honored Contributor

I'm in MA, it's Jan, even in this weird winter we've been having, nothing is blooming.  However, it is still oddly green outside.  The grass is still green, bushes and trees that are usully bare now are full of green.  I imagine winter roses are blooming but we have any in my area.  I'm looking out of my bay window now and it looks more like early April than early Jan.  However, we're expecting temps in the 20's and 30's this week.  So perhaps the bareness of winter is on it's way. 

Honored Contributor

I'm in NJ and still have snapdragons and alyssum blooming.  A few black-eyed Susans are blooming, new growth though very short.  Our butterfly bushes have a lot of buds and there are a few pink blooms on a crab apple tree.  Sadly, tonight and tomorrow EVERYTHING will freeze to death.

Valued Contributor

Camellias and an ornamental plum. Daffodils are coming up, too.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

Mine are peach -next door neighbor's are yellow, those are what we see out our window.

Esteemed Contributor

the snowdrops are blooming - they are way early for the Philadelphia area -- usually late January but because we had such a warm December, here they are.  Worse yet, the flowering quince is also blooming and that is not good.  It is very pretty but early April is the regular timing.

Esteemed Contributor

I have 3 hellebores but right now they have leaves but no blooms.