Esteemed Contributor

It's January--anything blooming in your neighborhood?

Here in zone 8 the saucer magnolias are in full bloom all over the neighborhood.  In my yard the knockout roses and Encore azaleas are blooming.  Just a few buds remain on my camellia.  I just made a cut flower arrangement to put on my desk at work tomorrow.  It looks like spring, but I wonder how long it will last.

Honored Contributor

Re: It's January--anything blooming in your neighborhood?

I live in Florida and winter is our season for beautiful flowers. There must be 100 blooms on my hibuscus plant.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I live in Florida and winter is our season for beautiful flowers. There must be 100 blooms on my hibuscus plant.

I had some hibiscus plants when I lived in my previous house.  I would like to have some here.  Mine were big pink blooms.  What color are yours?  

Honored Contributor

Thanks to our recent warm weather in NY state , my flowering trees are in bloom. It looks strange, and tonight it will be in the 20s.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Here in S.E. PA, it's nice to see the hellebores (the "Christmas rose") in bloom.  On the other hand, I'm not too happy the daffodils are an inch or two out of the ground already. We need consistent cold weather to prevent them from gong further.

Trusted Contributor

Here in Delaware there's too much green still around lol.  My quince bush is full of blooms, my rose bushes have multiple buds and the day lillies are all popping up.  Everything is confused!

Honored Contributor

Dales

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Thanks to our recent warm weather in NY state , my flowering trees are in bloom. It looks strange, and tonight it will be in the 20s.

It does seem strange to see so many trees in bloom.  Last week I noticed some blooming crab apples.  Makes me wonder what things will look like in March and April.  We're expecting cooler temperatures next week.  Stay warm!  

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Here in S.E. PA, it's nice to see the hellebores (the "Christmas rose") in bloom.  On the other hand, I'm not too happy the daffodils are an inch or two out of the ground already. We need consistent cold weather to prevent them from gong further.

I've noticed that daffodils are starting to come up around here too.  I like hellebores, but I don't have any.  I'm going to add those to my shopping list when I'm ready to start planting.  So pretty!

Esteemed Contributor

@chlema wrote:

Here in Delaware there's too much green still around lol.  My quince bush is full of blooms, my rose bushes have multiple buds and the day lillies are all popping up.  Everything is confused!

My lilies are my favorites.  I've been checking on them, but none have popped up...yet.  I love flowering quince.  ☺️