Respected Contributor

Re: It's January--anything blooming in your neighborhood?

My candytuft (iberis) is blooming all over the place.  I have a lot of it along a walkway.  My loropetalum is also blooming and my canna lillies are trying to come back out of the ground.  We had a crazy warm December but this coming week is going to be frigid.     

Honored Contributor

Toyons with Robins gathering the berries.DSCF9742.JPGDSCF9744.JPG

Honored Contributor

I am still cutting things back that should have been done in the fall (too much rain).  We got a sunny day so I just cut back the rest of the Shasta daises and what was left of the clematis.  The yard waste container is full and my back has given out for today.  Rain is predicted to be back tomorrow.  It is in the mid 40's today.  

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne I ❤️ Shasta daisies. I used to pick them in our yard for my mom when I was a little girl, and she'd put them in a vase in the middle of the table and make such a big fuss about them as though I'd brought in an expensive bouquet from the florist. I will try to plant some this spring. Thanks for the inspiration and reminder! I hope your back is feeling better.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl Those are great photos! Did you take them? Last summer I made a little digital scrapbook of all the things growing in my yard at various stages, and there were some little critters in a few photos, but none were as good as your pictures.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@mousiegirl Those are great photos! Did you take them? Last summer I made a little digital scrapbook of all the things growing in my yard at various stages, and there were some little critters in a few photos, but none were as good as your pictures.

@wildcat fan Yes, I take all of the pictures, and thank you. Smiley Happy  If you would like to see a recent four legged vistor to my garden, please go to My Perrennials as I posted them this morning. Smiley Happy