Esteemed Contributor

Basil....parsley...oregano....chives....rosemary

Esteemed Contributor

Tarragon, thyme, basil, lemon grass, dill parsley, chives, cilantro and mint. I don't need to plant rosemary because i have a huge bush that I couldn't kill if I tried. 

I use herbs a lot when I cook but I use them to make my salad dressings too.  I love olive oil, vinegars (red wine, champagne, apple cider, balsamic,etc..) with garlic and all types of herbs. Really makes great salad dressings but also marinades for fish, chicken or other proteins. 

I plant a ton of thyme, tarragon basil, chives, parsley and cilantro because I seem to use those the most during the summer and especially cilantro as I made a lot of Mexican and a ton of salsa and pico de gallo at that time. I would say in the double digit gallons.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

This is my first year planting herbs. I planted lavender & sage together. Cinnamon basil, sweet basil & cilantro. Peppermint in it's own pot. Lemon thyme & oregano. 

Last week a raccoon decided to dig up some of my plants.

The basils are looking iffy. The cilantro is looking dead. 

I replanted them as soon as I saw them, but they were, evidently, traumitized.

I moved the plants up to my second story deck & no one has bothered them there. 

Esteemed Contributor

Chives and dill, sweet basil, and I'll see how the rest look before I decide.

Frequent Contributor

I grow a lot: basil, oregano, thyme, italian parsley, dill, rosemary, chives, cilantro, and sage. I also grow scallions because I hate to buy a whole bunch when I only need 2 or 3!

Trusted Contributor

I have many clumps of oregano that winters over from years past, mint, tyme, sage, lavender and chives. Those all are perennials from years ago. I will be planting: rosemary, basil, parsley, and maybe some tarragon. The rosemary and basil will be in planters up by my patio, and the others in the ground. I've had an herb garden for over 20 years.

Esteemed Contributor

What I need to plant are lovage and marjoram.  Yum.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Dill, Purple and Cinnamon Basil, Oregano, Rosemary, Parsley, Chives, Cilantro, Thyme and Chives.............

Honored Contributor

@hummermom wrote:

I grow a lot: basil, oregano, thyme, italian parsley, dill, rosemary, chives, cilantro, and sage. I also grow scallions because I hate to buy a whole bunch when I only need 2 or 3!

Did you grow the Sage from seeds?  My seedlings grown in a home made nursery at first appeared healthy but later got real 'leggy'...........

Respected Contributor

I grow both garlic & hollow chives, Greek oregano, dill, Genovese basil, cilantro, & flat leaf parsley. 

I grew the oregano for the first time last summer, & was surprised how much I LOVED it! I dried all of mine, & it's wonderful in so many dishes. 

I'm going to dry a little of all my herbs this year. 

I grow both chives because the garlic chives grow VERY fast. The hollow chives grow super-slow & are usually best the second season (but I just love them!)