Esteemed Contributor

What herbs are you planting this season?  I don't use many fresh herbs besides basil.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Basil and parsleep.  We have sage, chives, and several mints that come up every year. May get lemon thyme to use with fish. That freezes out here.

Honored Contributor

Basil, of course, rosemary, thyme , oregano, mint and cilantro. I use them all in cooking, but I also just love the way they smell.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Rosemary and thyme.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Esteemed Contributor

Flat parsley, cilantro, mint, chives.  The mint and chives are perennial, and the parsley and cilantro are mine from seed.

Swallowtail larva love munching on the parsley and cilantro, so I grow it for them, too.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

Rosemary, mint, lavender, basil.

Honored Contributor

I accidentally grabbed spearmint instead of basil.  I need to go back and pick up some basil.  I love it with fresh mozarella, tomato, red onion, basil and Italian oil dressing.  Yum.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

None!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Every year I plant rosemary, thyme, sage, tarragon, Itallian oregano, and plenty of basil.  I use them all in cooking and grilling.

Honored Contributor

We live in Florida - I have a box of basil , flat leaf parsley and chives. Separately I have oregano and rosemary. We will leave them here with friends to use them over the summer, and probably by next fall I'll need to get rid of these and plant new. I do the same ones every year and use them like crazy in my cooking.I tried tarragon but apparently it doesn't like the florida climate.