Respected Contributor

We had a really really rainy cold spring. My geraniums took a beating from too much rain and too cool temperatures, so i started to bring them in the garage. I pulled off all the dead yellow leaves and slowly started to nourish them back to health with miracle grow. They are back outside now and finally its good and hot here and thank goodness no rain for past two weeks. They are stunning with big fat red flower heads and dense green leaves. No rain again all week just that wonderful hazy, hot and humid weather i Love. Obviously the geraniums like it too!  I will drag them in the garage again if we have more than a day or two of rain, especially if i just watered them.

Esteemed Contributor

If we are having severe weather or days of rain.....I put my pots in the garage. I've had plants break off in high winds.....

Trusted Contributor

I ordered 2 flats of geraniums from my daughter's school this year.  I do this every year and they are always wonderful -- I get large, long lasting blooms. 

I live on Long Island and I lost all but 4 of my geraniums.  I am so upset.  We had an awful spring - cold temps, too much rain, etc.  I planted a bunch in a large planter and those are the only ones to survive.  The rest were planted in the ground on Mother's Day and I lost them ALL.  So upsetting. 

I think I'm going to stick to only putting geraniums in planters from now on.  I like the idea of being able to move them in case of bad weather. When they are in the ground, you are kind of stuck.  Ugh.  Smiley Frustrated