Contributor

Re: Am I Going to Regret This? re: Roberta's

I have had good success with Cottage Farsm Roberta's and Phillips plants. Especially the hibiscus, they grow great and huge flowers and come back every year. my issue is the plants the show on air many times are ARTIFICIAL! you will notice there are disclaimers posted on occasion but you can clearly tell they are faux or plastic if you look closely. I encourage you to try them I've been refunded any unsuccessful plants under their warranty, don't be afraid to ask for the refund. I like their plant food, it's easy to use and as I said I've had good success. 

Contributor

@Ruby Slippers 

I have had good success with Cottage Farsm Roberta's and Phillips plants. Especially the hibiscus, they grow great and huge flowers and come back every year. my issue is the plants the show on air many times are ARTIFICIAL! you will notice there are disclaimers posted on occasion but you can clearly tell they are faux or plastic if you look closely. I encourage you to try them I've been refunded any unsuccessful plants under their warranty, don't be afraid to ask for the refund. I like their plant food, it's easy to use and as I said I've had good success. 

Thanks for sharing!   Could you please give us a tip, which plant food you liked?   I normally use Espoma products.    But, maybe it might be wiser to use plant food from the growers.

Contributor

I've used the cottage Farms Rose pods and the Cottage Farms booster for my hydrangeas and the Bud and Flower Booste,  Philips Watson plant food is also very good as it is time released.  you can buy on the Robertas website and Cottage Farms Direct. I like the pods because they are pre measured just pop them in gallon of water. I also use Bayer Rose food as it has features that deter beetles and disease 

Spoiler

Contributor

I've used the cottage Farms Rose pods and the Cottage Farms booster for my hydrangeas and the Bud and Flower Booste,  Philips Watson plant food is also very good as it is time released.  you can buy on the Robertas website and Cottage Farms Direct. I like the pods because they are pre measured just pop them in gallon of water. I also use Bayer Rose food from Home Depot as it has features that deter beetles and disease 

Spoiler

Trusted Contributor

@rockyrose1 wrote:

chlema...would you mind posting back so we all can learn from your personal experience on how your plants arrived?  Smiley Happy Thanks!

They were sent too early to plant but were packaged very well and all were heathy and green.  Right now the annuals are in my attached garage, did put each one in a slightly bigger pot though and all are doing well.  The one periennial I bought was a ground cover, came in a tray, many many plants, all healthy and growing,  even trailing down the sides already.  The one negative is that on tv their ground cover tray had many many different types of plants, mine is mostly all one variety with a few others scattered here and there, maybe 5 different.  But all in all a good purchase.
Frequent Contributor

Last year I ordered a couple items from Roberta's.  The first order arrived with the plants barely alive.  The plants were also very small and sick looking.  The pots were not secured so the dirt was all over the inside of the box.  I swore I would NEVER order from them again and cancelled the rest of the orders.

Well, I was suckered into the 9 thyme plants for $20 from Roberta's this year.  I also ordered the Philip Watson succulent tray from the Roberta's site since QVC sold out.  I have to say the separate deliveries I received were in amazing condition.  The pots were wrapped in netting which kept the plants secure.  The succulents were blooming and looked exactly like the samples used on TV.  I was floored.  I have to give kudos for Roberta's fixing the problems they had last year.