Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

Shackets and shooties are words being widely used in the fashion industry.  Rather than getting ugly, just watch a religious channel and calm down or watch the news and get really ugly.

I agree with the OP, they are dumb  words and no one was getting ugly  Used by the fashion industry doesn't impress at all.

Honored Contributor

i first heard of them a couple of years ago.  I ordered one.  This will be my first once. 

Honored Contributor

Back in the day, they called them Big Shirts.  I suppose Shackets is supposed to sound modern and new.  They are neither.

Regular Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

Shackets and shooties are words being widely used in the fashion industry.  Rather than getting ugly, just watch a religious channel and calm down or watch the news and get really ugly.

Have a sense of humor. The op was purposly exaggerating. I thought it was funny and true!

Respected Contributor

It seems as though many people here are very set in their ways. No new words (even if they are part of the common vernacular, not a word made-up by someone at the Q), no new styles, even if they are currently on trend—note I didn't say trendy (they all look "sloppy" or they "never see anyone wearing them"), etc.

Respected Contributor

I thik shacket is a perfect descriptive word to describe an article of clothing that can be worn buttoned up as a shirt or over another top as a jacket.

Also I have used the word shooties for a good while when describing my four pair of shoes that don't come far enough up to be a boot but is just below anke and too high to be seen as a shoe.  Good for just a minor skim of snow when a boot is not necessary.

Honored Contributor

Good gracious.  The hosts are calling it exactly what it is.

Shacket is a well-used word that was not invented by QVC.  Look at any other retail fashion site.

Long Collared Shacket
$89.97Current Price $89.97
(62% off)62% off.
$240.00Comparable value $240.00

Plaid Print Shacket
$89.97Current Price $89.97
(50% off)50% off.
$180.00Comparable value $180.00

Steve Madden - Women's Faux Good Measure Shacket

STEVE MADDEN

Women's Faux Good Measure Shacket
$99.00

Michael Kors - Women's Fleece Shacket

MICHAEL MICHAEL KORS

Women's Fleece Shacket, Created for Macy's
$430.00
 Details

Honored Contributor

FROM OP:  If i hear the word "shackets" one more time, it's going to get ugly! It's right up there with Fri-yay. If hosts get paid to talk, they shouldn't abbreviate, to make less words.

ok, rant over.

I was not getting ugly.  I said it as jest.  Make of it what you will.  The above is what the OP said and perhaps you were not reading into it my meaning.  Sorry.  

Respected Contributor

It makes it so much easier to search for an item when you have a very specific, descriptive name for it. I'm not offended.😊

Honored Contributor

@Leelee1123 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

Have a sense of humor. The op was purposly exaggerating. I thought it was funny and true!

@Leelee1123 

So did I and I was responding in jest.  You don't have to turn your sense of humor off when someone else posts.