Esteemed Contributor

Go to LLBean, OP. You can get Pima cotton and Supima cotton. They start at 19.99 and free S&H with many times a $5. or $l0. off coupon.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: no 'value' in QVC

[ Edited ]

I was at a Goodwill not long ago and there were a few Sport Savvy short sleeve t-shirts. Wow. Thick, 100% fine cotton, not see through, beautifully constructed, stripes matched front to back, and the sizing was spot on compared to brick and mortar stores. Sorry, but you just don't find that quality at QVC anymore, no matter the brand. And, the prices (plus shipping, returns, no sales, no discounts, no code, no coupons, etc) are nuts. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

I quit buying clothing at QVC because the styles do not suit my taste. I like classic but casual. I don't want clothing that look like they will be out of style next year. The pricing on their clothing is beyond belief. I go to the B&M stores because you get coupons, sales and no s&h. They can not compete with the stores because you lose money by shopping at the Q. No one wants to throw money away at being charged for the return label and then the s&h charges deducted from your return. At the B&M stores, you can try on the clothing and make sure it fits. You don't have to worry if you ordered the right size for that designer. I think you need to shop wisely and get the most you can for your dollar. The clothing TSV's are less than desirable. They have lost touch with most of their regular clientele. I do not want to see hours and hours of the same designer with the same designs only tweaked.

Honored Contributor

Why is it that some posters on this board  assume if you aren't buying at overpriced retailers like Saks or Neiman Marcus you are buying at Walmart? There are thousands of places to buy clothes in this country and they sell clothes at all pricepoints. And just because you are frugal and keep an eye on your budget does not mean you wear rags. 

Just as an exampe I like and usually wear t shirts from Woman within. They are fabric  I like they don't shrink or fade and they are the price I want to pay for a t shirt. I went to sewing club and another lady had the exact - and I do mean exact right down to I even have one in the same color she had on - t shirt. She had paid $50 for it at a boutique in Sarasota, I paid $14 at Woman within. She was so upset when I told her where I got mine and that they had about 30 colors. She since told me she ordered some from WW online.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Why is it that some posters on this board  assume if you aren't buying at overpriced retailers like Saks or Neiman Marcus you are buying at Walmart? There are thousands of places to buy clothes in this country and they sell clothes at all pricepoints. And just because you are frugal and keep an eye on your budget does not mean you wear rags. 

Just as an exampe I like and usually wear t shirts from Woman within. They are fabric  I like they don't shrink or fade and they are the price I want to pay for a t shirt. I went to sewing club and another lady had the exact - and I do mean exact right down to I even have one in the same color she had on - t shirt. She had paid $50 for it at a boutique in Sarasota, I paid $14 at Woman within. She was so upset when I told her where I got mine and that they had about 30 colors. She since told me she ordered some from WW online.

I would rather spend a little less and get more. I mean if I spent $80 on a sweater I would be tired of it two years later. Thr stuff I get from vanity is cute and fits my style. I never pay over $25 for anything. When I open it up it Is so soft. Their jeans come in waiste and lengths so you can get a good fit. Different strokes I guess for everyone but I could never pay that much for clothes. Maybe a special piece here and there. But yes just because we don't pat that much doesn't mean are clothes look cheap.

Respected Contributor

QVC.  Quality, Value and Convenience.  Those things rarely apply anymore.  Maybe they should change their name lol.