Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Thurs, Dec 22nd

Hello dear shopping friends.  It's mild here weatherwise (as compared to single digit temps).  I could tell we had a break in the temps because the patio was crawling with squirrels when I went out to feed them before work.  It's been so bitter that most mornings, I've been the only living thing out there at a early time of the day, getting their food ready.

My company gives us tomorrow and Monday for the Christmas holiday.  I think it's generous and will be a nice little break. 

I give the great nieces money for Christmas and birthdays, so I did my 'shopping' for them at Comerica yesterday, lol.  I think I will pick up a Tim Horton's gift card for middle sister on the way home today.  She likes getting a cup of coffee on the road during her morning work commute so I usually go for a higher dollar gift card to hold her for at least a month.

We are allowed to leave 2 hours earlier than our normal departure time today so it will be nice to leave for home while there is still daylight.

I'm grateful and thankful :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Thurs, Dec 22nd

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. Enjoy your early departure for the mini-Christmas break. It is good that the company senses the need for employees to have a little "me" time with lessened stress.

I went to the capital city about 80 miles away to meet a friend for brunch as this is the only time that worked for both of us to get together before Christmas. After brunch, I returned home without shopping but am now watching the Denim & Co. show that must have replaced the Dyson show. I think I'd rather watch Denim & Co.

I did get the Insider but have not checked out the upcoming TSVs in it.

Have a great afternoon. I'm off to read after the D&C show.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/362962051191251376/

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--thanks for the cute graphic and reminder.

This may have been a mistake but I ordered two pair of those Denim & Co. Ponte knit pants that sold out today.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been skimming The Insider or "InsideQ" and found a page that tells people how to get the online version. Basically, it is supposed to work like this:

Option 1: Scroll to the bottom of the QVC.com homepage and add your email address under "Let's Stay in Touch."

Option 2: Visit "My Account' and then Under Communication Preferences, click on Email & Mobile Preferences. Check the email box next to Promotions and submit.

Option 3: Call this speciaal toll-free number to sign up: 800-600-3128.

I am impressed with the USPS delivery during this Christmas season. Packages to me arrived quickly, and one I personally mailed to Chattanooga, TN from WV on Dec. 20 arrived today or Dec. 22.

Honored Contributor

IMG_2730.JPG

Honored Contributor

Hello friends, 

My husband will be working Christmas Eve. The man who is in charge spoke at the morning meeting. He threatened that if you don't come to work on the 24th you don't need to come to work anymore. He's a peach!  He likes to use the "F" word in his non motivational talks. 

Tumor removal surgery is scheduled for January 10th. We will need to be there on the 9th and stay in a hotel since I need to be showered and at the hospital at 5:30 AM. 

I'm hoping that everyone is having an enjoyable day. 

Waves and hugs to all. 

I have one more post to share that is funny and dumb at the same time. 

Honored Contributor

IMG_2725.JPG

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123

ROFL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

I like when you laugh! 

I am going to interrupt your other thread with some pictures meant for you.