Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

I saw a tee shirt today on Denim and Co. - which  rarely watch as all the products have spandex and I like all cotton- and a tee shirt was $39. REALLY Q? Not even all cotton?

Gee, I get nice all cottin tees at Macy's and Lord Taylor for the same or less. Aside from ISAAC, who does offer all cotton, he and other brands at QVC are not a value! Same price point as other stores.

@ellaphant  Seems like the solution for you is obvious ; go shop somewhere else. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: no 'value' in QVC

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

Oh, good grief it never ends...lol   If you can find what you want elsewhere, go there.  Shop till you drop.  Qvc doesn't care and the shoppers here don't care either.  It's just not a big deal.  There are thousands of retailers in this country and we're all free to shop where we want. 

@chrystaltree

Oh I think QVC DOES care....there was a thread posted on Q talk which included QVC's financial results and the reaction to the decline in revenue and sales in their last quarter.........and one of the categories that had declined in sales was---gasp---fashion!!!  QVC even sent out a survey to try to find out where Q customers were now shopping for clothing!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt

Totally off topic here, but I just wanted to say that your avatar is absolutely adorable! 🐾❣️

Honored Contributor

Re: no 'value' in QVC

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant

A few years ago I would occasionally purchase clothing from QVC but just like you I now find their prices uncompetitive---I can go to Dillards or Macy's and find similar tops for $28 or $30----and these are regular prices, and then you can also find great sales too (unlike QVC). 

In addition you add not only shipping, but QVC's "try me fee" (forfeiting your original shipping if you return it, plus the cost of a return label---so that's about $10 to just try on their clothes) add to that inconsistent sizing even in the same brand.......NO SALE!

QVC kids itself thinking that the majority of their customers shop at "high end boutiques" (which is usually what they use when the hosts compare prices) ...but I think they need to shop around more and go to places that QVC customers actually shop for a realistic comparison!!!

I don't mind a bit of spandex mixed in with today's cotton it helps the garment keep it's shape....the cotton today sure isn't the same as it was in the past, it's not as soft, it pills, and after washing many garments are stretched out of shape even if washing on a gentle cycle.....some are saying its because of a cotton shortage that has impacted the quality.......

And yes I DO shop locally I've had it with all the returns...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Spurt

Totally off topic here, but I just wanted to say that your avatar is absolutely adorable! 🐾❣️

@geezerette

Thank you! That is my sweet furbaby, Figaro.....Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor
I agree and have stated previously that I do not find anything at QVC, that you would find comparable pricing on, in other than the high end stores pricing. The garments from QVC are NOT high end however. My days of fashion shopping at QVC ended, except for a rare occasion.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor
Most qvc fashion I can't wear and it's just not my style. I did order a DB coat and a Liz Claiborne fleece hoodie. That hoodie I never would of bought at the regular price. And at $40 I think it was to high. Only because I can get really cute basic stuff that looks good and cute at vanity. And I always get the second half off. I get jeans for around $20. The quality is excellent. Qvc is for the most part way overpriced with fashion. Put that with not my style and to frumpy and it's mostly always a no.
Esteemed Contributor
Look at the sales and coupons you get at places that have much better fashion. Qvc can't compete.
Respected Contributor

@ohio gal wrote:

what is so  great about all cotton   usually shrinks--no matter who makes it!      

ohio gal:

I love the feel of cotton and it breathes. Spandex does not breathe and the fabric is definatley different. As for shrinking, not a problem, I was on cold and lightly dry or air dry.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Oh, good grief it never ends...lol   If you can find what you want elsewhere, go there.  Shop till you drop.  Qvc doesn't care and the shoppers here don't care either.  It's just not a big deal.  There are thousands of retailers in this country and we're all free to shop where we want. 

Why are you so rude?