Honored Contributor

Re: do you wear flannel pajama pants in public?

Before this morning I would have said "No way!"

And then I woke up to 35 degree temps outside. If my neighbors were looking, they would have seen me in my lavender flannel pajamas with the black and white sheep on them, waiting impatiently for my dog to do her business. I had my DH's hoodie on top of it all.. quite the spectacle. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

I was in WM one day and saw a little boy, looked to be about 9, in a full set of PJs and BAREFOOT.

The thing is, you never know - this person could've been at someone's bedside FOR DAYS and only had time to rush out and get supplies and no time to change clothes - it happens.

Esteemed Contributor

Sidsmom, what a cute photo! I didn't know he had a son. I knew of a daughter, but not a son....of course, he could have more that he doesn't know about, scattered here and there......{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

I have never thought of it as an option!

Esteemed Contributor

College students seem to do this on campus. I haven't seen it anywhere else (thankfully).

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/29/2014 sidsmom said:

My husband and I were just talking about how women our mother's and grandmother's generations used to go to the grocery store in the curlers!! Never could figure out the reason for that!!

Esteemed Contributor

When my dad took on a second job, weekends, in the early 60s, managing a drive-in theater concession stand, we'd wear our pj's to the show and fall asleep in the car. Best parents' second job ever! Does that count?

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

On 12/29/2014 colliegirls said:

College students seem to do this on campus. I haven't seen it anywhere else (thankfully).

The HS kids here do, as well. I teach in a JHS. We have a strict dress code, so this doesn't happen.

Last year, my dad asked me to stop at a FF restaurant for him. It was right off the I-5 freeway near my house. There were two couples, sitting at two separate tables and all of them were wearing pajamas. Not one couple, but TWO. I was dumbfounded. I told DH when I got home and he said, "Maybe it's because it's off the freeway, people are traveling and want to be comfortable." Whaaaaa? It was 3 o'clock in the afternoon! I think it's a symptom of how careless our society has become about too many things.

~ house cat ~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 12/29/2014 ury said:

When my dad took on a second job, weekends, in the early 60s, managing a drive-in theater concession stand, we'd wear our pj's to the show and fall asleep in the car. Best parents' second job ever! Does that count?

That was the most fun thing about drive-in movies in those days! We'd go with three or four cars of neighbors and cousins.. all of us kids wearing pajamas. They had a playground for the kids to use before the movie started. Everyone was running around in their jammies!

Such a good memory!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I travel a lot for work and see a lot of pajamas on teens and 20somethings there.

I see older people (40 on up) at DMV in pajamas, slippers and bathrobes.

I know my nephew wears pajamas all the time (he is 16) because he can't find pants that fit properly (weight and height issues).

I know people who wear flip flops because they can't find shoes that are comfortable in stores or in their price range.

There are a lot of reasons people dress the way they do.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN