Regular Contributor

I’m a little bummed out because the clothing lines mostly show clothing on xs, s models. Probably because the clothes don’t look as flattering on size 10 models? Particularly right now on the anybody lounge wear jogger pants. 

Esteemed Contributor

I turned on one of the shows and they were coming really really close to the hanging slacks, close enough to see the Xxs label.  I am wondering why that is the size they display.  I have seen this more than once.  I guess smaller sizes look better than larger ones when they are offering them up.  Kind of funny.  

Occasional Contributor

I am a size 3X, so those XSmall models do not help me out any. I wish they would have more plus size models.

Respected Contributor

@Katilein:  I guess we must be watching fashion programs at different times because everytime I watch a presentation (Susan Graver, Kim Gravel, Denim & Co, Dennis Basso, etc. etc. etc.) there seems to be a pretty fair presentation of various size models including plus size models.

Honored Contributor

Take it as a "hint" ladies......

If the models are not displaying your size, then the clothing item is NOT for you.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Katilein wrote:

I’m a little bummed out because the clothing lines mostly show clothing on xs, s models. Probably because the clothes don’t look as flattering on size 10 models? Particularly right now on the anybody lounge wear jogger pants. 

@Katilein  Keep watching.  Most presentations have a mix of models of varying sizes.  The Anybody show you just referenced has Maria in it and she's a size 1X.  In fact most fashion presentations have a variety of sizes, not every item, but usually they do appear at some point in the show. 

Respected Contributor

I have noticed that also in shoe departments. They always have a smaller size shoe on display. I am only a size 6 1/2 so it really doesn't bother me but still think they should also have larger sizes on display. I can grab a shoe right off the display and try it on. No need to get a sales person involved. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't mean to pick a fight here.  However, I have noticed in the past year that the number of 1X and 2X models as well as "large" have increased really significantly.  On the shows I watch, they are shown in every outfit.  Frankly, in the early days of QVC the clothing looked much better on the models than now.  Maybe the "anybody lounge" folks picked their models. On Leah's program that's not the case; on Isaac's shows that not the cse.

Honored Contributor
Super Contributor

I see many size large models and some extra large models and the occasional one x model. But never, ever do I see a two or three x model. My thought is, if a designer or brand is willing to produce size 2X and size 3X clothing and happily profit from size 2X and size 3X clothes then they should be willing and proud to show size 2X and size 3X clothes during their presentations. Yes, everyone knows that the clothes show better on the tall, thin ladies. But if you are going to stand there and look into the camera and tell the world how your garment works on ALL BODY TYPES just save your breath and show us.

Perhaps ladies of all body types would like to see how the clothes will look on theirselves - tall, short, skinny, fat and everything in between. (No, I'm not curvy, I'm fat. I'm 5'4" and wear a size L-XL pants and a size 2X top) Ok, maybe I'm curvy and fat. Depends on my mood that day. But, back on topic, most REAL WOMEN are not size XXS and cannot judge how the clothes will look on their self by looking at an XXS or XS model. And if you can, God bless you. What is your secret?

Hugs . . 

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!