Honored Contributor

Let me assure you that XXS 's in QVC's world is usually not an XXS.  It's usually a small and sometimes a medium.

I'm tall and slender and not skinny.  I take an xxs.  I'm almost five 8.  I never take an XXS in retail.  I'm an XS or Small.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@q-girl wrote:

I see many size large models and some extra large models and the occasional one x model. But never, ever do I see a two or three x model. My thought is, if a designer or brand is willing to produce size 2X and size 3X clothing and happily profit from size 2X and size 3X clothes then they should be willing and proud to show size 2X and size 3X clothes during their presentations. Yes, everyone knows that the clothes show better on the tall, thin ladies. But if you are going to stand there and look into the camera and tell the world how your garment works on ALL BODY TYPES just save your breath and show us.

Perhaps ladies of all body types would like to see how the clothes will look on theirselves - tall, short, skinny, fat and everything in between. (No, I'm not curvy, I'm fat. I'm 5'4" and wear a size L-XL pants and a size 2X top) Ok, maybe I'm curvy and fat. Depends on my mood that day. But, back on topic, most REAL WOMEN are not size XXS and cannot judge how the clothes will look on their self by looking at an XXS or XS model. And if you can, God bless you. What is your secret?

Hugs . . 

Loved your post, @q-girl, until I got to " But, back on topic, most REAL WOMEN are not size XXS."

I assure that XXS even not in QVC's vanity sizing world are quite real.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

@q-girl wrote:

But, back on topic, most REAL WOMEN are not size XXS and cannot judge how the clothes will look on their self by looking at an XXS or XS model. And if you can, God bless you. What is your secret?

Hugs . . 

Weight Watchers.

Football is my favorite season.
Regular Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@q-girl,I know.  It certainly is a two edged sword so to speak.

Ideally, the consumer is left to balance the size and shape of each of their areas from the shape of the model and know how much fabric is added for each size and work with the given measurents.  

I know it's hard.  I deal with it every day as the top stylist where I am.

The best advice I can give is to use a tailor so everything looks great on you.  One perfect item takes the place of 10 that are "good enough".

I'm almost 5'4" and don't have hips (but have thighs for days). When I buy a garment I factor in the cost of alterations to determine if it's a good value. Getting items tailored to fit my body makes me feel confident because I'm not fussing with my clothes.  

Football is my favorite season.
Super Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@q-girl wrote:

I see many size large models and some extra large models and the occasional one x model. But never, ever do I see a two or three x model. My thought is, if a designer or brand is willing to produce size 2X and size 3X clothing and happily profit from size 2X and size 3X clothes then they should be willing and proud to show size 2X and size 3X clothes during their presentations. Yes, everyone knows that the clothes show better on the tall, thin ladies. But if you are going to stand there and look into the camera and tell the world how your garment works on ALL BODY TYPES just save your breath and show us.

Perhaps ladies of all body types would like to see how the clothes will look on theirselves - tall, short, skinny, fat and everything in between. (No, I'm not curvy, I'm fat. I'm 5'4" and wear a size L-XL pants and a size 2X top) Ok, maybe I'm curvy and fat. Depends on my mood that day. But, back on topic, most REAL WOMEN are not size XXS and cannot judge how the clothes will look on their self by looking at an XXS or XS model. And if you can, God bless you. What is your secret?

Hugs . . 

Loved your post, @q-girl, until I got to " But, back on topic, most REAL WOMEN are not size XXS."

Yes, XXS women are real.  I see them, I know them and one of my best friends is one of them. I've never been an XXS, but have always been a confident woman in terms of both who I am inside and outside. I am a little larger at this time than I really want to be, but despite repeated attempts at exercise, my physical limitations due to disabilities prevent me from being successful. But, this is my issue, and I will get where I need to be to feel comfortable. 

To be frank, there are probably as many XXS/XS women as there are women at the other end of the spectrum, and, in truth, the majority of women fall in the mid range. It's like any other bell curve. Following that most likely flawed logic, you would then expect the majority of the models to be in the middle of the size range, not at either end. However, in the world of fashion, as @ECBG so eloquently stated, the garments are shown at their best on very tall, very thin models. Thus, the disproportionate number of very tall XXS/XS models showing the clothes. While it is understandable, we all still want to see someone who at least somewhat resembles ourselves modeling the clothes we are considering for purchase. 

Hugs . . .

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Honored Contributor

@q-girl wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@q-girl wrote:

Hugs . . 

Yes, XXS women are real.  I see them, I know them and one of my best friends is one of them. I've never been an XXS, but have always been a confident woman in terms of both who I am inside and outside. I am a little larger at this time than I really want to be, but despite repeated attempts at exercise, my physical limitations due to disabilities prevent me from being successful. But, this is my issue, and I will get where I need to be to feel comfortable. 

To be frank, there are probably as many XXS/XS women as there are women at the other end of the spectrum, and, in truth, the majority of women fall in the mid range. It's like any other bell curve. Following that most likely flawed logic, you would then expect the majority of the models to be in the middle of the size range, not at either end. However, in the world of fashion, as @ECBG so eloquently stated, the garments are shown at their best on very tall, very thin models. Thus, the disproportionate number of very tall XXS/XS models showing the clothes. While it is understandable, we all still want to see someone who at least somewhat resembles ourselves modeling the clothes we are considering for purchase. 

Hugs . . .

@q-girlGood luck to all of you!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

When are size mediums going to get any love?  (are there any medium models?). Cat Tongue

I am an easy fit in pants, but because I am busty, unlike most of the models, it is hard to tell when to stay with a medium and when I need to size up.

Jayne Brown is probably the most helpful size gauge for me -- though she is bigger on the bottom and I am bigger on top.

Honored Contributor

@luvdoodles wrote:

I have noticed that also in shoe departments. They always have a smaller size shoe on display. I am only a size 6 1/2 so it really doesn't bother me but still think they should also have larger sizes on display. I can grab a shoe right off the display and try it on. No need to get a sales person involved. 

They don't display in larger sizes because of the extra space it takes to display a larger shoe. If you notice the men shoe section usually has about half the amount of display space. 

Regular Contributor

Seriously? So you mean with my size 8 I wouldn’t look good in those jogger pants? Why is it then that the larger sizes sell out faster than the smaller ones if the model has on a size xs? Your comment is really wrong, I came for answers not for you to comment on something you have no clue about. 

This reply is for mz IMac s comment

Respected Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

When are size mediums going to get any love?  (are there any medium models?). Cat Tongue

I am an easy fit in pants, but because I am busty, unlike most of the models, it is hard to tell when to stay with a medium and when I need to size up.

Jayne Brown is probably the most helpful size gauge for me -- though she is bigger on the bottom and I am bigger on top.

@islandgrrl

Bonnie is a beautiful size medium model, and there is a new petite model who is medium. Sorry I cant remember her name, but she looks so cute in the clothes.