Honored Contributor

Re: Why is Vince Camuto Leaving HSN & Coming to the Q?

@TY

I also see Vince Camuto housewares and bedding.  And yes, shoes and sneakers that I would wear......not the cool, fashionista footwear that my girls would wear.

Honored Contributor

Just an FYI for anyone interested.  I understand that Aldo bought the Vince Camuto brand.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday

The Aldo shoes and the Camuto group called off the proposed merger last October. From the Footwear News website:

http://footwearnews.com/2017/business/mergers-acquisitions/aldo-camuto-group-call-off-deal-merger-ac...

Honored Contributor

Brands come and go from all shopping channels and move on.  I would guess contracts are up and they move on.  Or the market at one shopping channel gets saturated and it's time to move to another.

I haven't even looked at the VC offerings on HSN but I know I"m super bummed about this move because I doubt we will see the fabulous prices on QVC that we saw on HSN.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIamwrote:

@TYwrote:

I want to add that I've seen a few clothing items added to the Vince Camuto inventory. Overall, who knew that QVC could take a fashion forward sexy shoe line shown on HSN and turn it into a frumpy, sexless, average, and unappealing one? It speaks volumes that QVC needs to put their "old lady" spin on an HSN shoe line that was anything but. What a snorefest.

@TY  Yep, I noticed that too. Geez, QVC....do you have to RUIN everything?! I told a friend that watch, it'll be frump stuff.

It sure is!

@SahmIamwrote:

@TYwrote:

I want to add that I've seen a few clothing items added to the Vince Camuto inventory. Overall, who knew that QVC could take a fashion forward sexy shoe line shown on HSN and turn it into a frumpy, sexless, average, and unappealing one? It speaks volumes that QVC needs to put their "old lady" spin on an HSN shoe line that was anything but. What a snorefest.

@TY  Yep, I noticed that too. Geez, QVC....do you have to RUIN everything?! I told a friend that watch, it'll be frump stuff.

It sure is!

QVC isn't doing anything to the VC line.   I just checked 3 pair of the shoes being offered on QVC and they are also offered at other shopping venues like Nordstrom.  It's not as if VC is making a line just for QVC that is frumpy shoes.

There aren't many VC shoes available on QVC so I'm hoping they will be getting more in as the line progresses and they will get in some of the more fashion forward choices.   

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdivawrote:

@SahmIamwrote:

@TYwrote:

It sure is!

@SahmIamwrote:

@TYwrote:

It sure is!

QVC isn't doing anything to the VC line.   I just checked 3 pair of the shoes being offered on QVC and they are also offered at other shopping venues like Nordstrom.  It's not as if VC is making a line just for QVC that is frumpy shoes.

There aren't many VC shoes available on QVC so I'm hoping they will be getting more in as the line progresses and they will get in some of the more fashion forward choices.   

@Lipstickdiva  The problem is that QVC takes the worst looking shoes from the VC group and tries to sell them, all of which look like all the other shoes they sell.  Why can they not learn that not every single woman wants the same shoe and not every single woman wants a Vionic or Clark shoe? If I have to see that Vionic man measure that foot and push and pull it until it looks deformed one more time, I think I will pull my hair out and Jayne grinning and telling the stories of how her great grandmother wears Clarks and has since the Civil War, or whatever her family member happens to be doing this week.  QVC, get some shoes we like, and not Fly London!  That is not the only other style in the universe.  We are buying Vince Camuto and Sam Edelman, just not the ones you are selling.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  I thought that QVC would simply move the VC shoes that were offered on the HSN site over to the QVC site; they didn't. They brought in shoes that are frumpy and boring when you compare them to watch HSN carried. Yes, Nordstrom may have some of the same but again, HSN was THE place to go to for VC, not Nordstrom. Second in line would be the VC site.

Going through my shopping record at HSN, it shows I purchased many pairs of VC shoes this time each year...there is nothing I would buy from QVC as of now. That's a big difference in shopping pattern for a brand. I doubt I'm the only one. So, how much do you think is being lost by the company? 

Time will tell.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIamwrote:

@Lipstickdiva  I thought that QVC would simply move the VC shoes that were offered on the HSN site over to the QVC site; they didn't. They brought in shoes that are frumpy and boring when you compare them to watch HSN carried. Yes, Nordstrom may have some of the same but again, HSN was THE place to go to for VC, not Nordstrom. Second in line would be the VC site.

Going through my shopping record at HSN, it shows I purchased many pairs of VC shoes this time each year...there is nothing I would buy from QVC as of now. That's a big difference in shopping pattern for a brand. I doubt I'm the only one. So, how much do you think is being lost by the company? 

Time will tell.

@SahmIam I agree. And the pricing, yikes! They are offering 'free shipping' but no true value or must have style.

The Q video commercial for Camuto that I saw last week should be promoting 'wow', but I see frump. And the music was something more attune to march of elephants  Woman LOL

I looked at the current Camuto selection, not one thing is of interest.  

The brand did take a major creative hit after Vince's death several years ago. It's not as appealing to me. 

And I don't think it's going to be the hit Q executives are hoping for #Fail

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

YAY! Happy that he is coming to the Q!!

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

@BARBIE100wrote:

YAY! Happy that he is coming to the Q!!

@BARBIE100 - "he"/Vince passed away several years ago...he's not coming to the Q!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri