Trusted Contributor

Re: Why is Vince Camuto Leaving HSN & Coming to the Q?

new audience (customers)

Esteemed Contributor

I would say it's about money and making more of it since QVC has a bigger audience. It's not just shoes though. If you take a look at what's been offered on QVC, it's surprising that clothes aren't included and there's very few shoes -- and ugly ones -- not the cute shooties that HSN brought in. It's mostly boring bedding and overpriced handbags that you would expect to see on Zulily or Overstock.

Trusted Contributor

I noticed that Frankie Avalon left QVC for Evine. His products all received really good reviews, so I wonder why the switch.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

Some of the shoe lines are ridiculously overpriced.   I ordered a pair of Franco Sarto shoes on clearance on QVC, they were horrible.  I have $40.00 shoes that are great and have lasted for years!  Really unnecessary to charge such exorbinant prices for items made in China.  JMO

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, correction......they were Marc Fisher shoes.

Honored Contributor

HSN and QVC are owned by the same compay; so, we're probably going to see more crossovers like that.  They said that the two shopping channels would remain separate entities but my gut feeling is that HSN and QVC will specialize in certain areas.

Honored Contributor

All I know is that I am BUMMED.

I got T.S.'s on closeout prices at $39 or less.  This is a huge disappointment as far as I'm concerned.  Even "as is" prices will never be $39 or less on QVC. 

BUMMER!!!!!!!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I have already responded to this question, but I'm sure there are thousands of us who've bought from Camuto during his time on HSN, and we're all sorry that now we'll have to pay top dollar.

Esteemed Contributor

I want to add that I've seen a few clothing items added to the Vince Camuto inventory. Overall, who knew that QVC could take a fashion forward sexy shoe line shown on HSN and turn it into a frumpy, sexless, average, and unappealing one? It speaks volumes that QVC needs to put their "old lady" spin on an HSN shoe line that was anything but. What a snorefest.

Honored Contributor

@TYwrote:

I want to add that I've seen a few clothing items added to the Vince Camuto inventory. Overall, who knew that QVC could take a fashion forward sexy shoe line shown on HSN and turn it into a frumpy, sexless, average, and unappealing one? It speaks volumes that QVC needs to put their "old lady" spin on an HSN shoe line that was anything but. What a snorefest.

@TY  Yep, I noticed that too. Geez, QVC....do you have to RUIN everything?! I told a friend that watch, it'll be frump stuff.

It sure is!