Honored Contributor

Re: What will the Joan Rivers program be like without her?

On 10/12/2014 Matty6 said:

It will terribly sad like Jean Bice's absence on QF. But life must go on.

I wonder if the sales stayed the same after she passed. Does the Q own this line now?

Respected Contributor

Very nice tribute at the end of the show.

Super Contributor

YET how many designs did Joan have being prepared to show ?

Maybe do copies of some of her own personal items, and do a NEW BOOK of Joan and her style.

We might be suprised. I did miss her and always yawned when she was not at Q in person but maybe let it play out ?

Super Contributor

Jill and David did an outstanding job, especially with this being the first show without Joan. I know it had to be a very hard thing to do but they did a wonderful tribute to her while still presenting her designs and fashions with class, frendship and honor to her. Great job to both of you. PS, Jill is one of my favorite hosts at the Q.
Super Contributor

Jill and David did a great job opening the show. I was able to catch the last half hour also and saw the tribute to Joan at the end. Very nice.

Esteemed Contributor

I missed the first half of the show- the tribute at the end was wonderful. Anything done in the beginning?

Contributor

On 10/13/2014 ibb38 said:

I missed the first half of the show- the tribute at the end was wonderful. Anything done in the beginning?

Hi ibb38, The beginning of the show was a little solemn. Jill began by welcoming David and they were sitting down without any products. She said they were in a awkward postition to do the show without Joan there but she knows Joan would have wanted her line to go on with David at the helm. David said a few words and then said Joan would have said "What took you so long, it's October 13th! That sort of broke the ice. Then they proceeded to sowcase the products in the show. They felt it was fitting to start with a new bee.

I thought Jill and David did a wonderful job. It was classy and they represented products that were very "Joan Inspired" and David told stories I had never heard. The fact that he started out as Joan's stylist, how Joan influenced him to get a dog and how large fashion houses, like Chanel, would contact Joan and ask her to where their blazers that cost $3,000 because of her fashion sense and they knew people would notice what she was wearing. These little tidbits gave the show a personal touch. Jill and David were not "trying too hard" to be "Joanish". They were just being themselves and I thought it was wonderful!

I was suprised Melissa was never mentioned or David did not say anything on Melissa's behalf etc. I wonder if she is out of the picture as far as this end of the business and it was all left to David.

I enjoyed the show and even ordered the faux leather jacket! They couldnt have done a better job!

Trusted Contributor

Jill and David did an absolutely wonderful job. I think QVC picked the best host for this first show.

Super Contributor

On 10/13/2014 Ms X said:

I don't think I'll watch. It will just make me sad. At some point, I'll watch again. I was a Joan fan for 30 years.

Me to...I did watch and it was a joy ,but sad as well Like I felt Joan would walk out any moment

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/13/2014 maryooch said:
On 10/13/2014 ibb38 said:

Hi ibb38, The beginning of the show was a little solemn. Jill began by welcoming David and they were sitting down without any products. She said they were in a awkward postition to do the show without Joan there but she knows Joan would have wanted her line to go on with David at the helm. David said a few words and then said Joan would have said "What took you so long, it's October 13th! That sort of broke the ice. Then they proceeded to sowcase the products in the show. They felt it was fitting to start with a new bee.

I thought Jill and David did a wonderful job. It was classy and they represented products that were very "Joan Inspired" and David told stories I had never heard. The fact that he started out as Joan's stylist, how Joan influenced him to get a dog and how large fashion houses, like Chanel, would contact Joan and ask her to where their blazers that cost $3,000 because of her fashion sense and they knew people would notice what she was wearing. These little tidbits gave the show a personal touch. Jill and David were not "trying too hard" to be "Joanish". They were just being themselves and I thought it was wonderful!

I was suprised Melissa was never mentioned or David did not say anything on Melissa's behalf etc. I wonder if she is out of the picture as far as this end of the business and it was all left to David.

I enjoyed the show and even ordered the faux leather jacket! They couldnt have done a better job!

Thanks. I saw the show from the houndstooth jacket & on - the brown was tempting me and then it was gone! I also watched the video presentations of the earlier products. I thought the show was terrific- David was great.

The faux leather jacket had such nice detail, enjoy!