Esteemed Contributor

Re: What will the Joan Rivers program be like without her?

Not so good I imagine.I think they should just sell off Joans existing items and move on . I say this with a very sad heart.

I had to come back and say ,it was because Joan WORE her items that made us feel good .Not because they were just designed by someone and she put her name on them,she actually wore them out in public everyday!!!

SHE WORE The ITEMS she sold. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

That is why we loved her {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

I remember reading before she died in David's facebook that she was so looking forward to the Fall and the shows. What a shame. I imagine they will mention her during the show, but I don't think David will do as much reminiscing as Angel does about Jeanne. I would be surprised if they played that music that Joan always came in dancing to either. I would feel too sad hearing that. I hope they don't. I just can't imagine the show without Joan sitting there with her pretty nail polish colors and her fabric swatches. It will certainly take some getting used to. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Honored Contributor

I think it'll be fine. Her line of jewelry, fashion & beauty are quality enough to stand on their own. The humor/schtick is just a verbal 'bit'...quality wins out every time. #GoodThingsToCome

Esteemed Contributor

I think Monday's show on QVC will be a bittersweet one. The hosts as well as David Dangle will likely shed a few tears which is OK by me. They are still in mourning. But I bet that they and the customers will feel Joan's presence on air as they recount funny and sweet stories about Joan.

David Dangle was on The Shopping Channel in Canada a couple of weeks ago for the Friday night and Saturday shows and I thought he and the hosts did a wonderful job. You can tell that it was hard for them and the models that worked with Joan but they managed it with grace. David has always been a frequent on air guest at TSC either filling in for Joan while she was busy or doing some of the early and late shows when Joan had to leave early to catch a plane so that Canadian viewers are very familiar with him and are very happy that the Joan Rivers Classics Collection is continuing with him at the helm.

I just watched QVC's 4+ minute long tribute to Joan by the various QVC hosts and it's lovely (and get out the tissues because you will shed a few tears too.)

Super Contributor

I'm only tuning in for the beginning of the show to see what they have to say. I have no interest in watching David. I never watched when Joan wasn't there. I will miss Joan, she was the show.

Respected Contributor

I don't think I'll watch. It will just make me sad. At some point, I'll watch again. I was a Joan fan for 30 years.

Respected Contributor

I am enjoying the show. Either you like the jewelry and clothing or you don't. David Dangle is doing well.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/13/2014 traveler said:

I am enjoying the show. Either you like the jewelry and clothing or you don't. David Dangle is doing well.

I like the show too, I'm sure its harder on David and Jill then the viewers! They're doing a great job! Love the new bee!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

I have only seen the last 45 minutes, but I think both David and Jill are doing a great job. I have always enjoyed watching David. I think he is a class act.

Trusted Contributor

The show has been very well done. There have been words of tribute, if you will, but also words of laughter. They are maintaining Joan's high standards, and I am very happy to hear that they will go on. The pieces chosen for this show have been perfect.