Esteemed Contributor

Re: What will the Joan Rivers program be like without her?

On 10/12/2014 Bird mama said:

There have been times that David has participated in an overnight show or two without Joan. I suspect that if the show wasn't going to have a memorial kind of tone, it would feel like any other show that David conducted in Joan's absence. In that case it would take several shows to sink in that Joan isn't going to be there any more.

David and Jill will likely be walking down memory lane and sharing stories, so I think it will be more difficult because that will really drive home that Joan is gone.

Moving forward, the shows won't be the same for me without Joan. I purchased her jewelry more than anything and liked hearing her described it.

For the millions of fans out there, I hope that they continue Great Hair Day.

I agree Bird, David did alot of shows and he and Jill are friends. Joan had a great life and look on the positive side, celebrate that life by purchasing things that make you happy! I also think it will be upbeat, as they'll have funny stories to share!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Super Contributor

I think the first show will be nice and we will finally hear from David about Joan but on the other hand I believe Joans precence was a huge part of the success and only time will tell how it goes in the future without her.
Esteemed Contributor

It will terribly sad like Jean Bice's absence on QF. But life must go on.

Honored Contributor

Joan was the show. I'll look online to see if anything remains and gets my interest, but the notion of Jill and David doing a Joan show... Where's the fun factor in that? And let's face it, Joan's shows were always fun...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I will watch out of respect for Joan and thankful that QVC will still carry her items. I'm sure Joan and David planned years in advance for items and designs. Joan's touch is still there and her passion is in every piece. We can't bring her back. The sad part is she didn't have to pass, it is still up in the air about legal action and who is responsible. I think the show will go on, but the questions surrounding her passing linger. That is why it's so hard, none of this should have happened. I'm so tired of medical errors causing us to lose people for no reason.J

Joan's presence will be felt because that kind of personality and her kind of heart and soul will live on in her visions and creations.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/12/2014 ladyroxanne said:
On 10/11/2014 Susan Louise said:

They certainly won't be as entertaining...and fun {#emotions_dlg.sad}

ITA

I will have to DVR, not a holiday for me! I hope they don't base this show's revenue on whether or not there are future shows, many people are working that day as well. I agree, it will be bittersweet!
Super Contributor

Without Joan it will only be the clothes and jewelry........similar to the Jackie Kennedy jewelry shows I suppose. Several times in the past I saw Joan's program when she was out. The show was just a show. No one can replace Joan on the Q.
Honored Contributor

On 10/12/2014 blossompie said: I think the first show will be nice and we will finally hear from David about Joan but on the other hand I believe Joans precence was a huge part of the success and only time will tell how it goes in the future without her.

That is true. Joan was the show.

Super Contributor

I'm going to watch and see what David has to say but I'm not sure I will continue to watch the future shows. Joan was such a huge precence that it just won't be the same atleast for me it won't.
Honored Contributor

I think the products will be just fine, but the shows just have to be different. To expect someone else to be Joan doesn't make sense to me - any more than expecting Angel to be Jeanne Bice would.