Contributor

Re: What do you think of the Susan Graver vest TSV for Thursday?

I did order this vest, but sent it back.  I am a M, sometimes a S, but this vest just didn't do a thing for me.  I ordered it in the cream color, but it looked dull and yellowed...not good on me at all.  I love cozy vests, and maybe in one of the other colors, this might work.  The sizing was fine, but there was something about the combination of textures that also didn't appeal to me.

Honored Contributor

I love the colors, and I love the gold zipper, but like others here, I'm not a vest wearer. I'm more of a jacket/blazer girl. My SIL gave me an Old Navy quilted one for Christmas many years ago. I remember wondering then, if I'm cold enough to wear a quilted vest, my arms are going to be cold too! I don't think I ever wore it. 

Had this been a jacket, I would have had trouble deciding on a color! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I love the colors, and I love the gold zipper, but like others here, I'm not a vest wearer. I'm more of a jacket/blazer girl. My SIL gave me an Old Navy quilted one for Christmas many years ago. I remember wondering then, if I'm cold enough to wear a quilted vest, my arms are going to be cold too! I don't think I ever wore it. 

Had this been a jacket, I would have had trouble deciding on a color! Smiley Wink

Yes, I agree with you and others who have mentioned this. The only way most of these types of vests work for me (I own one quilted-type vest from Talbots, but it's "puffier" than this one) is if I layer something underneath, like a fleece jacket or pullover. I have to use it as an extra layer of warmth for my torso (which I often need), not my only layer of warmth on a chilly day. That said, I think that something like the TSV could be worn as a bit of a fashion piece; that is, it is not a super warm, puffy down vest, so it could be worn as a textured layer when the weather is just a bit chilly, or even indoors since it has the sweater knit portions.

Respected Contributor

The arm hole looks "fitted", doesn't appear to be generous.

Honored Contributor

I don't think $49 (really more like 60 when you add shipping,tax) is a very "special value."

I like vests on others but like so many have said, when I'm cold, my arms get cold too so I wouldn't wear a vest.

I did use to have a hard time saying no to a jacket however!

Laughing at the tie the vest for a "blouson" look comment and the michelen man. I can see Susan tying the vest lol!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Is $49.00 just the vest or does it include the striped top? Thanks

@wonderfulworld, I don't think the top is included.

Thank you bri20.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo  Funny - I bought this same vest in the shown teal color too.  I did like it but it just didn't seem to hang nicely on me.  I think it's the lapels.  I like lapels but perhaps they're a bit too large/wide which seems to make it pull down.  I just can't nail it but it didn't work good enough for me to keep it.  Too bad.

Hope you love your's and it look fab on you!

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA   Check it out NOW - she's sporting the vest right now with a belt.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@ALRATIBA   Check it out NOW - she's sporting the vest right now with a belt.

@PINKdogWOOD  Just turned it on ....  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA  You may have missed it then but stay tuned I'm sure we'll see it again as I believe that belt she used is pretty new to still promo.