Respected Contributor

Re: What do you refuse to buy because they raised the prices here?

Can I give a reverse example?  I had stopped buying beauty items (with the exception of WEN) from the Q because the high cost of shipping was completely out of alignment with the weight of most items. And there are many benefits to beauty shopping in person. Now that the shipping is $3, I will give QVC a second look for items I regularly use.

Honored Contributor

The Isaac Mizrahi Ceramic Watch ....  I wanted a few colors, but will stick with just the blush pink.

Honored Contributor

Quite a few things..... food items being one, I find the quality = price point way off base.

A couple of the clothing vendors, one in particular that I really enjoyed 20 years ago..... now, not at all.   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

If whatever I want can be found elsewhere, I always search to see if it's cheaper.  Often it is, sometimes it's not. And that goes for anywhere.  I've found shoes I liked on HSN and bought them $30.00 cheaper on another site.

It pays to shop around. 

Valued Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
I no longer buy Clarks shoes or D&C items, which are things I used to buy frequently. No longer think they are worth the cost. I have also cut back on purchasing Linea, more due to lack of need than price where Linea is concerned, though, as I think they are more in line with what they are worth.

I have done the same thing - no more shoes from the Q (I wear size 6 - hard to find out in retail, but the Q shoes never fit) I have lost weight this past year and went thru my closet & donating about 30 pairs of D&C jeans and pants from a few years ago. I only purchase an occasional item from Linea or Isaac's line.  I'm now at JCP for Liz Claibourne, Kohl's, Carson's and Macy's.  Where I purchase quality "on sale".

Respected Contributor

I have pretty much stopped buying anything from any category. The prices now have increased so much and that stupid s/h policy. It's not a value anymore. I realize prices do go up on things as the years go by, but they are just being greedy considering that they buy in bulk. I can do much better at other websites or walking into a store with sales and coupons.

Honored Contributor

I have to try on all shoes in person. Sometimes the same sizes vary, because of the individual sewer/shoe maker.  I don't like a shoe that is 'way too' cushioned.  I like a more stable foot bed, mainly because my knee becomes irritated if the shoes are too cushioney.  It's like walking on pillows or unstable sand.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I haven't actually noticed any significant price increases.  

Trusted Contributor

Pretty much everything.  Especially clothing and that is because the price of the items have gone up and then it's shipping both ways if for some reason it's N/G.  Too much inconsistancy for me, and I'm really sick and tired of "made in China" labels on everything.  I'm finding really good items in good old fashioned B&M stores.  But, that's just me. 

Esteemed Contributor

High prices on shopping channels is a deterant, period. I have a black belt in shopping and can scope out way better deals elsewhere whether it's online or bricks and mortar stores.

All of the past QVC TSV Clarks shoes and sandals end up at Winners in Canada and I bet they are also at Marshalls and TJ Maxx in the U.S. too as one example. I see White Mountain shoes, Marc Fisher shoes, Isaac Mizrahi shoe and Clarks shoes all the time at Winners.

As much as I like Joan Rivers clothing, their prices in Canada are nearly double what Americans pay so unless there's a good sale...nope!