Trusted Contributor

Re: What do you refuse to buy because they raised the prices here?

All the clothing, especially the shoes. I used to buy all my shoes from the Q because I need an 11 wide. 3 times I ordered the same size and brand and they didn't fit. No more. I had to pay about $12 ea. to return what Should Have Fit.  And forget any of the Graver or D&C t-shirts/tunics for $40 and up. As the Op said, you can get Real bargains from Kohls and Penneys with no shipping.  QVC can raise the prices, but in the end they are the losers from less sales.

Respected Contributor

I gotta agree with those that say clothing in general from Q.  So overpriced.

I do now and then buy "as is", because those are discounted quite a bit.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

any tank top for $50.

If I see an item I really like and can not live without I would probably buy it , after all I am okwitheasypay, not wiseatfinances. I check out the clearance on my favorite brands weekly ( Susan Graver & D & CO.) I always place the scroll down on low to high and search just for my size to save time.

Honored Contributor

I no longer buy Clarks shoes or D&C items, which are things I used to buy frequently. No longer think they are worth the cost. I have also cut back on purchasing Linea, more due to lack of need than price where Linea is concerned, though, as I think they are more in line with what they are worth.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

I used to buy lots from the Q. I'm surprised they haven't sent me a letter with some incentives. First, I haven't bought b/c I haven't liked what they offer. I'm no longer interested in any tunics. That cuts out a lot of purchases. What I have bought, no longer looks carefully well made. The quality is suffering.

After looking at the above, I then see the prices are way too high for something I may be slightly interested in.

I think the quality and value from the Q is low. Just as good convenience can be found everywhere online and maybe even better.

Respected Contributor

Don't buy anything from Q anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

So many items have price increases from Clarks shoes to Denim & Co., & Issac.  It all depends but I may purchase one item on easy pay that I consider a little higher but there are some items I refuse to purchase.  I get better deals on plain tees from Kohl's.

I used to buy a lot of shoes from the Q. No more. Shoe sizing is iffy and $10. return is too much. How many people go into a shoe store and the first pair fits perfectly. I'll go online where S&H is free or to B&M.

Trusted Contributor

I used to buy the bulk of my beauty/bath and body items from the Q.  I went back to buying from my local drugstore (or drugstore . com).  The same if not better results at a fraction of the price.

My fashion purchases are way way down as well.  I usually check ebay first and then I'll check clearance at a few online places I regularly shop.  I almost got to the point that my clothing purchases (minus intimates) were exclusive to QVC a couple years back.  Not even close anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

I buy my Clark shoes from J C Penney when they go on sale....Cheaper...and I can try them on....

Honored Contributor

The LC Heritage collection, so far, seems a bit high, IMO.  I like the styles, though. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).