Honored Contributor

Re: What body type would a ""banded bottom"" top flatter?

On 3/28/2014 momcat said:
On 3/28/2014 Favorite Son said:

OMG. Ladies, step AWAY from the banded bottom tops! {#emotions_dlg.crying} They are not your friend no matter what your size or shape.

LOL! I agree with you, but so many women fall for these styles being pushed on them, no matter how unflattering. Actually pretty funny.

Gosh I wish you could see me because I look great in them! I don't have a butt problem and they are a nice look.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/28/2014 peachesncream said:

Style&co. Flutter-Sleeve Banded-Hem Top

Alfani Three-Quarter-Sleeve Mixed-Print Peasant Top

Alfani Batwing-Sleeve Printed Top

Love banded bottom tops. Where did you find these? I have long thin legs, am 5'6" and am a little thick in the middle. If I could only have one style top, that would be it. I don't have to worry about holding my tummy in when I wear them
Respected Contributor

Oh gawd No! I don't look good in these.

Honored Contributor

would cut me right in half.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

On 3/28/2014 k9buddy said:
On 3/28/2014 peachesncream said:

Style&co. Flutter-Sleeve Banded-Hem Top

Alfani Three-Quarter-Sleeve Mixed-Print Peasant Top

Alfani Batwing-Sleeve Printed Top

Love banded bottom tops. Where did you find these? I have long thin legs, am 5'6" and am a little thick in the middle. If I could only have one style top, that would be it. I don't have to worry about holding my tummy in when I wear them

They are all at Macy's website.

#1 is Style & Co. brand

#2 is Alfani

#3 is Alfani

They have more of these styles, as well.

Esteemed Contributor

I think they look best on very slim gals who aren't curvy, but I don't think they look awful on every woman I've seen who isn't tiny.

I've been very hourglass-shaped since I was a teen. Maybe I could've worn one of those tops when I was smaller, but now that I'm not 110 lbs anymore, I've come to the conclusion that I cannot wear one and look good.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

On 3/28/2014 Raider Fan said:
On 3/27/2014 vermint said:
On 3/27/2014 Kathleen said:

I like them. I have a straight body shape (no curves) and wide shoulders ... narrow hips.

You have the same body shape as my BFF, and yes, the banded tops look good on her. Not so much on my pear-shaped self! On the other hand, I can wear boho type skirts very nicely as I have a defined waist and hips. They don't look good on her at all.

Absolutely...And There You Have It!!!! I am the apple, my best friend a slim pear but still a pear. This is the age old problem for every designer. Some disregard pears which isn't nice and all forget that some women don't have much of a waist. I love the banded bottom, very flattering. Wouldn't it be great if we all looked like Katia?

No, it wouldn't be great if we all looked like Katia; Angelia looks much more healthy.

Super Contributor

On 3/27/2014 Kathleen said:
On 3/27/2014 willdob3 said:

I'm not sure. If I had no hips I would not want to make it more obvious by putting a band there any more than if I had extra large hips.

I'm an hourglass shape & I like to emphasize my smaller waist so the banded look is one I avoid.

And I'm just the opposite - I like to accentuate my narrow body and wide shoulders.

Those are the places I like to "figure flatter."

I have the same build - tall, narrow body and wide shoulders. Banded bottoms look great with my build.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

On 3/28/2014 Kathleen said:

I avoid buying the tops with the rounded sides.

No on A235629 (I almost bought this yesterday and then I realized the sides were rounded - loved the ivory print)

Yes on A233750

no-

yes-

Super Contributor

On 3/29/2014 lolakimono said:
On 3/28/2014 Kathleen said:

I avoid buying the tops with the rounded sides.

No on A235629 (I almost bought this yesterday and then I realized the sides were rounded - loved the ivory print)<br />

Yes on A233750

yes-

I love this print. I have the orange. It buttons up the front - a bit different than other scarf tops.