Valued Contributor

What body type would a "banded bottom" top flatter?

I guess I just don't get it.

Super Contributor

Re: What body type would a ""banded bottom"" top flatter?

I like them. I have a straight body shape (no curves) and wide shoulders ... narrow hips.

Respected Contributor

On 3/27/2014 Kathleen said:

I like them. I have a straight body shape (no curves) and wide shoulders ... narrow hips.

You have the same body shape as my BFF, and yes, the banded tops look good on her. Not so much on my pear-shaped self! On the other hand, I can wear boho type skirts very nicely as I have a defined waist and hips. They don't look good on her at all.

Respected Contributor

They have to be the right length to look good on my apple shape. They have to hit below the hip and hang a little lower, if that makes sense. I rarely buy them because the past few years most of the casual tops have banded bottoms. I have enough!

Trusted Contributor

A flowing, banded bottom top can hide a lot of lumps and bumps in the middle!

Trusted Contributor

They look OK on tall, slim, lanky girls with little or no curves. The rest of us.......not so good. I think they look pretty awful on "apples" like me.

Respected Contributor

I have a straight up and down figure, with a wide waist, and they look good on me.

They also work well for me because I'm not very tall; these don't hang too low and can be adjusted to sit at the right place on the hips.

I like them.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/27/2014 GoodStuff said:

They look OK on tall, slim, lanky girls with little or no curves. The rest of us.......not so good. I think they look pretty awful on "apples" like me.

I hear you! I feel like they make my apple look that much more appley, LOL. No likey!

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure. If I had no hips I would not want to make it more obvious by putting a band there any more than if I had extra large hips.

I'm an hourglass shape & I like to emphasize my smaller waist so the banded look is one I avoid.

Esteemed Contributor

Not mine!